IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS/KISS at Tri-State Speedway tonight!!!
6/6/10, 2:31 PM   #61
Re: MSCS/KISS at Tri-State Speedway tonight!!
chadsniffsmethanol

Looks like Bland drove up from the bottom of the track at the exit of turn four and intentionally blocked Ballou at the entrance of turn one. Ballou didn't act out of hand, he simply let Bland know how he felt. Bland tried pulling the same move a couple weeks ago at Putnamville and took out Russ Harper, who had moved up to 6th place from last, in the process. There has been a lot of dirty racing around here this year. Sometimes it's hard to act like any adult, when you aren't being raced like an adult.

1 member likes this post: JBallou
6/6/10, 2:45 PM   #62
38DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Ballou View Post
just so we clear things up i did NOT pull off a spark plug wire i dropped my raceciever and simply grabbed it so all you fans im sorry you feel the way you do...i race for a living most of these people race as a hobby...so emotions do get involved when it comes to my pay check...but just want you fans to know from the source...
Sincerely
Robert Ballou
You must have stayed at Holiday Inn last night.

6/6/10, 3:00 PM   #63
hoosier

jeffery didn't try to take out ballou. They never touched wheels. It was just good hard racing. But what ballou did to the spark plug wire was un-called for. If ballou had a problem with jeffery he should have taken it up with him in the pits.
-Larry Pottorff
Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: 38DD, Dirtfan
6/6/10, 3:01 PM   #64
quicktime3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsniffsmethanol View Post
Looks like Bland drove up from the bottom of the track at the exit of turn four and intentionally blocked Ballou at the entrance of turn one. Ballou didn't act out of hand, he simply let Bland know how he felt. Bland tried pulling the same move a couple weeks ago at Putnamville and took out Russ Harper, who had moved up to 6th place from last, in the process. There has been a lot of dirty racing around here this year. Sometimes it's hard to act like any adult, when you aren't being raced like an adult.
Seriously? There was still a lane out there and no contact, yet you're blaming it on Bland? I'd say your past run-in with Bland may be clouding your judgment.

For me, it's not just the hypocrisy from Ballou. It's things like his blaring on the horn at Kokomo because the gate was locked, as it always is, after he flipped twice in one night and wanted to leave. It's time to grow up and show some self-control...

2 members like this post: 38DD, bballr4567
6/6/10, 3:44 PM   #65
38DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsniffsmethanol View Post
You must be sniffing more than methanol!!

6/6/10, 4:57 PM   #66
RGraves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Ballou View Post
just so we clear things up i did NOT pull off a spark plug wire i dropped my raceciever and simply grabbed it so all you fans im sorry you feel the way you do...i race for a living most of these people race as a hobby...so emotions do get involved when it comes to my pay check...but just want you fans to know from the source...
Sincerely
Robert Ballou
I notice you pick your battles quite well. You made yourself look like an idiot. If you can't handle getting raced hard then you might want to consider doing something else for a living. Jeff raced you hard and fair last night. He gained a bunch of fans and you lost a bunch. I hate to see confrontation but you are going to cross the wrong person one of these days. Time to grow up

6/6/10, 5:40 PM   #67
jbh607

Wow, let me get this straight. Someone "Claims" they saw Robert pull off Jeff's spark plug wire and suddenly it's the gospel. You'd think if that many people saw him do it someone would have said something at the time. If any of you knew Robert as well as you think you do and are judging him by what you heard, you would know he wouldn't just pull off a wire if he was mad, he'd pull the whole engine off. Leads me to believe he went over to give Jeff a piece of his mind (which by the way happens every week by lots of drivers hello is anybody home) dropped something and bent down to pick it up. I didn't hear Jeff say he pulled it off. Why does everything always have to be a drama? Jeff & Robert are both great kids, great racers and great competitors who are passionate about what they do. If Robert loses any fans based on the heresay of one person, I wouldn't be concerned, they weren't much of a fan anyway. I don't think Robert needs to resort to pulling plug wires at this point in his career. I know it is unheard of for a driver to voice his dismay over a racing deal, but come on, this is the guy that makes the price of admission worth the money. Some of these fans should take their own advice and grow up. Congrats to Jeff on his win couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

6/6/10, 5:52 PM   #68
RGraves

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh607 View Post
Wow, let me get this straight. Someone "Claims" they saw Robert pull off Jeff's spark plug wire and suddenly it's the gospel. You'd think if that many people saw him do it someone would have said something at the time. If any of you knew Robert as well as you think you do and are judging him by what you heard, you would know he wouldn't just pull off a wire if he was mad, he'd pull the whole engine off. Leads me to believe he went over to give Jeff a piece of his mind (which by the way happens every week by lots of drivers hello is anybody home) dropped something and bent down to pick it up. I didn't hear Jeff say he pulled it off. Why does everything always have to be a drama? Jeff & Robert are both great kids, great racers and great competitors who are passionate about what they do. If Robert loses any fans based on the heresay of one person, I wouldn't be concerned, they weren't much of a fan anyway. I don't think Robert needs to resort to pulling plug wires at this point in his career. I know it is unheard of for a driver to voice his dismay over a racing deal, but come on, this is the guy that makes the price of admission worth the money. Some of these fans should take their own advice and grow up. Congrats to Jeff on his win couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
I don't know whether he did or didn't, not refering to that. Nobody likes a hot head, especially when it is uncalled for.

6/6/10, 6:05 PM   #69
bmemmer

hmmmm sorry to tell you this jbh607 but jeff did say this his words in victory lane was i think its not very good sportsmanship to come over and pull someone else's sparkplug SO if you werent there dont say *****

by the way im not taking sides . im just saying that jeff did mention it
Last edited by bmemmer; 6/6/10 at 6:06 PM.

6/6/10, 6:22 PM   #70
jbh607

My, my bmemmer for someone who doesn't like hot heads, I think you should look in the mirror. Takes one to call one I guess. And no, I wasn't there but I do know how to read and the point WAS the plug wire, not a racer showing emotion or I guess acting like you.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS/KISS at Tri-State Speedway tonight!!!