IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Did you See..
4/3/08, 6:01 PM   #51
Re: Did you See..
alcoholic

There are plenty of other tracks to attend with not much of a drive. I personally hated to see the changes at Lburg, why mess up a good thing? I'd rather see the old Lburg at the old prices, JMO. Bigger, faster, and fancier don't always make for better racing.

4/3/08, 6:11 PM   #52
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barr View Post
OK here is how I see it. Stay home! Your boys are the ones who are going to suffer. Some day you are going to regret not taking them. I still remember all the good times I had when my father took me and my brothers to the track. And all for what a couple of dollars? I know you are trying to stand up for those couple of bucks. Think of the great time you could spend with your kids. So now you can just sit at home and watch Nascar I bet your boys would love that. I would gladly pay two to three dollars more to watch a quality race. Go to a movie one time and see what they charge. I am not made of money and dont have a lot to spend, But when it comes to my boy I will do what ever I can to spend time with him. I highly think you should reconsider your thoughts on this

That's good advice right there. I have absolutely no idea how much it cost to go to the races when I was growing up. But I have thousands of memories of my Dad and 3 older brothers watching Bettenhausen, Carter, Dickson, Bigelow, (SUPERDUKE!) etc......at Winchester, Salem, New Bremen, Eldora, Terre Haute, Indy....etc.....
Thank GOD my Dad paid a few extra bucks. Those memories are priceless. You can't imagine what I'd pay today to go to just one more race with him. :crying:
David.

4/3/08, 6:31 PM   #53
Jimmydiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtball00 View Post
Did you see what Lawrenceburg is charging their fans to get into the track this season? For a 3 class show(Sprints, Mods, purestocks) they are charging $15 for adults and $7.00 for kids 7-12...It doesn't appear any of this money is going to the drivers as the purse structure looks to be very similar to 2007 so why the $3.00 per person hike in Gate admission??? So if myself and my 2 sons come over, i'm looking at $29 before I even walk in the gate...OUCH!!

I'm not a weekly supporter of L'burg, but in the past I have been there as many as 12 times a year, that did not happen in 07 because of the kids prices, and it will definately not happen in 08 with the new adult prices at the Burg.

In a day and time when folks are having to scrape up money to do anything extra, L'burg does this to it's fans. If they are charging $15 for regular shows, I can't imagine how much they will charge for their WOO, Sprint Week and Lucas races...I know someone will get on here and say if you can't afford it, don't go, well I can afford it, but that's not the point, if enough of the folks that can't afford it don't go, before long there won't be a L'burg Speedway to not go to...

Dave are you guys giving away alot of free adult tickets and having raffles and giveaways for adults now too, because you did all that for kids was your reasoning for overcharging for them...

the dirty one!!!
Whiner:shout

4/3/08, 6:35 PM   #54
4wheelsinthekoosh

If your a true racer/racefan you will be there. And with your kids if you got them. The few extra bucks wont matter. If you are strapped for cash then wait a week or two so everyone can be together. Memories are what matter. Enjoying the sport that everyone here loves. (at least i think so). There will still be great racing at what is now a improved race track. I am making the 2 1/2 hour trip down there unstead of traveling 45mins. why? cause it is going to be the nicest place that runs on a saturday night. Unstead going somewhere where you are not wanted. Thats all i got see ya there Dave. BP

4/3/08, 6:47 PM   #55
GPracing6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barr View Post
OK here is how I see it. Stay home! Your boys are the ones who are going to suffer. Some day you are going to regret not taking them. I still remember all the good times I had when my father took me and my brothers to the track. And all for what a couple of dollars? I know you are trying to stand up for those couple of bucks. Think of the great time you could spend with your kids. So now you can just sit at home and watch Nascar I bet your boys would love that. I would gladly pay two to three dollars more to watch a quality race. Go to a movie one time and see what they charge. I am not made of money and dont have a lot to spend, But when it comes to my boy I will do what ever I can to spend time with him. I highly think you should reconsider your thoughts on this
Best post yet!! Bravo:applaud:If my Dad had not spent the extra cash every weekend to hit the local track with my brother and I I can tell you I wouldn't no what a sprintcar was and I am damn sure my little Brother Brad would not be a rising star in USAC. Thanks dad:thumb

Derek Sweet

4/3/08, 6:54 PM   #56
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Thanks everyone for your support. This Dirtball has never even been to Lawrenceburg Speedway under RPM Productions reign. We offer what i feel is quality entertainment. We have the best racers in the country.
This season we are only running three classes which is a plus, that means you can see all three features and still get home at a reasonable hour. We have a great group of talent putting on a great show to the fans and its a slap in the face to them saying they are not worth the price of admission. We offer clean restrooms, nice consessions, cold Budweiser products, and the most comfortable grandstands in the business. The new and improved speedway has a state of the art lighting system, a very nice winners circle, a helicopter pad, all of the walkways are concrete, and the pits will be much nicer with a fly ash base. Also for the racers will be a 30' by 60' drive thru tech building. There will also be a nice grandstand installed in turn 3 for pit spectating. The list goes on and on.
So yes the price to see all of this went up a bit. However we will have special promotions all season long, we will have giveaways every night.
We have and will continue to give out tickets to fundraising campaigns.
We just sent out over 1000 tickets for a seatbelt awareness group that includes JR Todd and others going to schools teaching kids the importance of seatbelts. We have already this winter sent out over 5000 tickets for other events and fundraisers(which are not a tax write off) We welcome anybody who is having any type of fundraising to contact us through our website.
Once again, thanks to each of you for your continued support of Lawrenceburg Speedway, the new facility is the best in the country!!
Sincerely, Dave Rudisell

4/3/08, 7:04 PM   #57
cecil98

I am absolutely thrilled that there will be only three classes!!!! I will pay extra so I "DON'T" have to watch four or fives classes. That was the biggest complaint of friends and family when we brought them down there (mine too! it was torture). They hated sitting through all of those different support classes. While I hate seeing prices go up, this is one I'm willing to pay for. Good decision, Dave. I will never again bring rookie or, casual fan/friends to a race track with more than three classes. NEVER!!!!

4/3/08, 7:05 PM   #58
1BIGracefan

I can say my pops worked lots of overtime monday thru thursday. So that when friday and saturday got here we could go racing. I cherish those times with my family we are still a tight knit bunch most of the time. I now take my kids to the track the cycle continues.

4/3/08, 7:08 PM   #59
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Personal post by Dave Rudisell.
As a child i vividly remember my Mom and Dad working all week long, most of the time working two jobs each. Our family was poor, but our family made the best out of it. My parents would scrape together every dime they had to take me and my 3 brothers to the races at Queen City Speedway, Florence Speedway and Lawrenceburg Speedway. Once there we did'nt get the privledge of the concession stand food. We had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and nasty crystal light in a jug to share, That mom had packed. It did'nt matter what we had to eat though, It was about seeing some fine quality racing while spending time with the family. I'll never forget the time Dad saved up for a month to take us all to the ASA race at Winchester. We did'nt have any snacks with us and we were all thirsty. Dad went to the restroom before the start of the race and came back grinning ear to ear because he found a $20 bill on the ground and could get all of us a drink.
In closing i just want everyone to think back to when you was young and the quality time spent with your family. It seems nowadays all kids do is sit in front of a t.v. and play computor games. I believe thats a major problem in todays society. If anyone is so broke they can't afford to bring thier kids to the track for some great times, e-mail me and i'll take care of you.
Sincerely, Dave Rudisell
P.S. We don't serve Crystal Light!!

4/3/08, 7:25 PM   #60
corbin's mamaw

Maybe I'm missing the point of spending three dollars, but you can't put a price on the excitment I see on my grandson's face when he see's Brett Burdett pushed off or his great uncle Jake roll past the grandstand. I hope the memories of sitting in the stands with his dad, grandpa and great grandpa will be one's he keep's long after everyone has forgotten about three dollars. Four generations of 'Burg fan's is priceless.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Did you See..