IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > D2
2/10/18, 3:43 PM   #51
Re: D2
Ray3

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftrear View Post
That's the thing that record was set in 2015 and the reason is they have not run 20 lap features at APS for ages until the new engine program came out. Scott Hatton is also one of the best ever to run APS and probably has more laps there than just about anyone. I was curious if this was just a reliability thing at first but it is still 20 lappers so what is the reason lol ?
No reliability issues with Badger engines. It all falls with the promoter. Contact the promoter if you want to see more laps from Badger. As for the record, it was set by a Fontana and beat by a Badger Honda. The Badger engine lap times and competitiveness against the POWRI cars during the Pepsi Nationals spoke loud and clear. Badger cars won the first heat and finished second in the second heat and ran competitively in the feature turning the 5th and 11th best laps of the race.

2/10/18, 4:00 PM   #52
Midget98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray3 View Post
He is referring to Badger races not D2 races. Not the same thing. Let me reiterate, NOT THE SAME. Even POWRI D2 isn't D2 anymore.
Not D2... More like D1.5

2/10/18, 6:07 PM   #53
leftrear

Ray I have a lot of respect for what you are doing.

Is there anywhere in the WORLD other than APS and BADGER that run 20 lap MIDGET A MAINS ?

2/10/18, 7:41 PM   #54
kendirt

Quote:

Is there anywhere in the WORLD other than APS and BADGER that run 20 lap MIDGET A MAINS ?
IMRA typically runs 20 lap features.

As was said earlier, no one from Badger dictates the feature lengths at APS.

1 member likes this post: Ray3
2/10/18, 9:40 PM   #55
Ray3

Quote:

Badger runs 25 lap features at all tracks other than Angell Park. If you have an issue with laps at Angell Park contact either the promoter (Kenny Brown) or the Angell Park board of directors. Thats all I can tell you to do.

and for the record, USAC Western States has run 20 lap features at certain tracks and I've personally been to 360 Sprint Car races where the feature was less than 20 laps.
Last edited by Ray3; 2/10/18 at 10:47 PM.

2/10/18, 9:43 PM   #56
Ray3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget98 View Post
Not D2... More like D1.5
Lets just say Badger Midgets, just as it was when Badger didn't allow the Offy engines to compete with them.

2/11/18, 4:14 AM   #57
jdull99

Quote:
He is referring to Badger races not D2 races. Not the same thing. Let me reiterate, NOT THE SAME. Even POWRI D2 isn't D2 anymore.
So...if they are "not the same thing" does that mean you are no longer welcoming the cars from the "Burlington and Spoon River" area??? I may not be a very smart man, but the way I read your statement (in an apparent haste to separate from the other forms of midget racing), it implies that anyone withOUT a "Badger motor" would not be able to run...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2/11/18, 10:07 AM   #58
Ray3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
So...if they are "not the same thing" does that mean you are no longer welcoming the cars from the "Burlington and Spoon River" area??? I may not be a very smart man, but the way I read your statement (in an apparent haste to separate from the other forms of midget racing), it implies that anyone withOUT a "Badger motor" would not be able to run...
All engines that are legal in Badger are obviously welcome to compete. It is as simple as that and I would appreciate you trying not to make it more than that.
Last edited by Ray3; 2/11/18 at 10:16 AM.

2/11/18, 10:45 AM   #59
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
All engines that are legal in Badger are obviously welcome to compete. It is as simple as that and I would appreciate you trying not to make it more than that.
We understand Badger is not D-2 but POWRi says they are .... http://www.powri.com/downloads/get.aspx?i=424443 .... Badger and POWRi engines are not D-2 and are not allowed in the true D-2 series form... you might want to get this clarified .... http://www.powri.com/downloads/get.aspx?i=424447 ...

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

1 member likes this post: Ray3
2/11/18, 11:02 AM   #60
Ray3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Davis View Post
We understand Badger is not D-2 but POWRi says they are .... http://www.powri.com/downloads/get.aspx?i=424443 .... Badger and POWRi engines are not D-2 and are not allowed in the true D-2 series form... you might want to get this clarified .... http://www.powri.com/downloads/get.aspx?i=424447 ...
Thank you Wayne! Coming from the guy who coined the term "D2 Midgets" I think this clears it up well. I appreciate it.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > D2