IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather
12/16/09, 7:32 PM   #51
Re: Weather
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

I just got in from ringing bells for the Salvation Army Red Kettle program. Temps in the mid to high 20's today with sunshine and little wind. A great time to be out and enjoy the winter weather. Plus NO SNOW.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

12/16/09, 8:31 PM   #52
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
I just got in from ringing bells for the Salvation Army Red Kettle program. Temps in the mid to high 20's today with sunshine and little wind. A great time to be out and enjoy the winter weather. Plus NO SNOW.
I have nothing but admiration for any Bell Ringers in this weather. One of the bellringers at the store I work at, in addition to wearing several layers of clothing, has started standing on a piece of cardboard so her shoes and feet will have some extra insulation from the cold sidewalk.

12/16/09, 9:37 PM   #53
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiNOISE View Post
I have nothing but admiration for any Bell Ringers in this weather. One of the bellringers at the store I work at, in addition to wearing several layers of clothing, has started standing on a piece of cardboard so her shoes and feet will have some extra insulation from the cold sidewalk.
The need is greater this year than any other that I can remember. A little sacrifice on my part so someone else can enjoy Christmas this year. I have done this for a number of years and the weather was great today. No complaints what so ever.

The key is to dress in layers and I am sure that the cardboard helps with some extra insulation as well. I would encourage anyone who has the time to donate a few hours to call the Salvation Army. They have a difficult time recruiting enough folks to ring the bells. You might be surprised at how good you feel afterwards.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

12/18/09, 7:56 PM   #54
Tim Watson

A heat wave has hit Wisconsin. A couple days in a row of temps around 20! The weber grill is coming out tomorrow and some good old Wisconsin brats will be sizzling, and a few BEER'S to go with them.

12/18/09, 8:32 PM   #55
Danny Burton

Chance of **** here tonight and/or tomorrow, Tim. C'mon down. You'll feel at home.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

12/18/09, 11:41 PM   #56
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burton View Post
Yes, Tim. Move. About 500 miles southwest. You can mow my yard.

April through October only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burton View Post
Chance of **** here tonight and/or tomorrow, Tim. C'mon down. You'll feel at home.
I'm sure i would feel right at home but we use snowblowers and shovels here, you guys can clean up your driveways with a push broom!

Let me know when your yard needs mowing, i'll drive down on a Saturday and take care of it. :2:

12/19/09, 11:33 AM   #57
v8j

Tim can I get on your list of people that you are going to do yard work for next year? thank you Shaggy

12/19/09, 12:34 PM   #58
MDposse

Got a foot here in Myersville, MD (20 minutes E of Hagerstown) so far this morning and it's still coming down like crazy. Piney- what were you saying about moving??
Got a case of long neck Buds and 2 bushels of Chessie oysters in the basement, party will go on regardless of the weather!

12/19/09, 1:33 PM   #59
chrismattlin

Cincinnati got it's 1st snowfall of the year this morning. I suppose it's about time considering Christmas is a week away.

Funny thing is, yesterday I was out in the yard, tidying up. It was a real nice day with the sun out and temps in the upper 40's. I guess I should have enjoyed myself; the official start of winter is two days away.

(Tim Watson- YES, the snow outside here is push-broomable. )

12/19/09, 2:38 PM   #60
Pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDposse View Post
Got a foot here in Myersville, MD (20 minutes E of Hagerstown) so far this morning and it's still coming down like crazy. Piney- what were you saying about moving??
Got a case of long neck Buds and 2 bushels of Chessie oysters in the basement, party will go on regardless of the weather!
HAHAHA...I should look at OUR weather report before making a post telling someone to move away from the snow .

We have about 6 inches right now and the heavy stuff is coming between 2PM and 8PM. Calling for 14"+...... ASQ...That's 1' + 2"= 14"

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather