IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Novel Idea!
6/30/10, 10:55 PM   #51
Re: Novel Idea!
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Like Patti, I am so thankful Dad got us interested in such a good wholesome sport!
I have made so many good friends through this message board (Thanks Bill!) and racing in general!
I am happy I have such a talented brother who loves racing too!
And I am so thankful to the O'Connor's every year for remembering my Dad with a race in his honor!
I am so very very blessed in so many ways!
Mudpacker, Thanks for asking!!

3 members like this post: IndyBound, Jimmydiesel, Mud Packer
6/30/10, 11:29 PM   #52
Race Poor

Smells, sounds, and sights.

The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.

The only place that I can escape and have fun, and the best place for my sons to learn about life! Race on!!!!

2 members like this post: IndyBound, Mud Packer
7/1/10, 12:16 AM   #53
LittleRube

Well i'm glad i am taller than Sweeney and that Aero showed me a real beer...

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
7/1/10, 12:33 AM   #54
Pitstooge

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdog45 View Post
And I'm very thankful for all the soldiers serving this country and protecting us.
Amen, brother. This should be #1 on everybodys list. Without our skilled and dedicated men and women serving our country, who knows if we would have the freedom to not only race, but to have the freedom of speech to post here. From the bottom of my heart, from a veteran, a giant thank you to our military members, both home and abroad!

4 members like this post: Haulerin2deep, IndyBound, Jimmydiesel, Mud Packer
7/1/10, 2:46 AM   #55
hoosierfan

I'm thankful to have a sister that love sprint car racing as much as I do or otherwise I wouldn't have gotten to or get to go to all the races I have this year and the remainder of this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

7/1/10, 8:06 AM   #56
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories, very touching. I am so thankful my parents took me to the races at a very young age. I can remember going to Queen City Raceway, Winchester, Lawrenceburg and Florence at age 5. Had some great times, and met alot of great friends through racing. Its my life and i am proud.
Sincerely, Dave Rudisell

7/1/10, 8:52 AM   #57
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Well it has now been 24 hours and the comments are all positive. 55 replies and over 1400 views. When I started this thread I certainly didn't think it was possible. So many great stories and replies that I have enjoyed reading. Can we keep this going for another 24 hours?

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2 members like this post: 38DD, IndyBound
7/1/10, 10:06 AM   #58
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Well it has now been 24 hours and the comments are all positive. 55 replies and over 1400 views. When I started this thread I certainly didn't think it was possible. So many great stories and replies that I have enjoyed reading. Can we keep this going for another 24 hours?
Thanks Mud Packer it's been a great read!

7/1/10, 10:31 AM   #59
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Not go get totally off topic here, but I would like to add a sidenote. Yesterday when I started this thread, I wrote down five folks who don't always offer the most positive posts on the board. I was hoping that maybe they would share a positive moment with us. Unfortunately, not one of them chose to do that.

With that being said, I also have read through all of the posts twice. I am surprised that 5 people who are extremely positive with most of their posts haven't joined in yet.

These 10 people probably have more stories and positive racing experiences than most everyone on the board. I welcome input from everyone and hope that we can keep the positive responses coming. Thanks for sharing.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

7/1/10, 10:37 AM   #60
duchessjane

What everyone else said!

Plus I've met most of my ex-husbands and best friends through racing. I can't imagine what my life would be like without the "family" I've built out of strangers who share my love of the sport.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Novel Idea!