IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No driver shirt sales @ gas city
4/29/14, 9:27 PM   #51
Re: No driver shirt sales @ gas city
Kinser11

If selling T-Shirts is so important to the drivers, maybe they should stay in the pits after the races. Nothing better then seeing a youngster looking at the cars and meeting drivers. Anymore half the cars go out of the pits in the trailers faster then they went on the track. A great way to treat the fans who pay the purse. People wonder why the stands are empty and young people, don't get excited and want to go to the races. Before you jump down my throat, about the past. Remember the stands were full and we had a lot more tracks. Things started going down hill after Lenard McCarl showed up at Eldora in 74 with a enclosed trailer.

1 member likes this post: fish
4/29/14, 9:42 PM   #52
johnnythunderhead
Banned

yeah I'm sure sprint car drivers who towed in from miles away would just love to sit there through the mod feach, the pure stock feach and the mini stock feach hoping to sell a tee shirt or two if they're lucky

5 members like this post: captrat, Charles Nungester, dkdorkboy, mc/rider, robert gatten
4/29/14, 10:30 PM   #53
Boat

Race Count This Year: 17
Race Count Last Year: 5

Can't say I'd be one to stick around after I was done, but there is a reason they call DD the Peoples Champ. Seeing him in the stands watching the street stocks drinking a cold one after the races is one of the reasons he is so popular. My take on the whole t-shirts sales & whether promoters dislike updates is this. If someone cares enough to get on here or twitter to see who won the 3rd heat at Bloomington or wants to spend money on a drivers shirt, let them. There could be some sort of kick back to the promoter on the shirts- whatever, but don't make it too difficult for the fan. If a fan buys a shirt, they aren't going to buy it just to wear around the house or to the mall. He or she is going to wear it to the RACES, probably at least some at your track. Even if you just wear around town that t-shirt might get someone to start thinking about racing or strike up a conversation, make a new fan. With maybe a few exceptions, if I check on the updates I'm going to either go to your track or at least go to a track your driver's race at or live too far to be considered a potential regular customer. In my opinion it is short sighted to think that either is bad for business.

4/29/14, 11:39 PM   #54
dirt330

Someone needs to start a website for all drivers,owners, and tracks to offer their shirts ,hats etc. so they are available for everyone to buy no matter where you are located. Then everyone wins.

2 members like this post: davidm, monkeyboy
4/30/14, 8:59 PM   #55
ThePurple73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinser11 View Post
If selling T-Shirts is so important to the drivers, maybe they should stay in the pits after the races. Nothing better then seeing a youngster looking at the cars and meeting drivers. Anymore half the cars go out of the pits in the trailers faster then they went on the track. A great way to treat the fans who pay the purse. People wonder why the stands are empty and young people, don't get excited and want to go to the races. Before you jump down my throat, about the past. Remember the stands were full and we had a lot more tracks. Things started going down hill after Lenard McCarl showed up at Eldora in 74 with a enclosed trailer.
Leonard had the fire breathing #7...the first enclosed trailer I remember was Seiberts.

I think the shirt selling should come as part of the deal...Have a trailer all drivers can sell shirts out of.
Heck..make it easy to be a fan, and let the drivers make a little extra. Let the fans buy shirts any time, like I said make it easy. Make it easy for them to make up their minds to come back.
Last edited by ThePurple73; 4/30/14 at 9:07 PM.

4 members like this post: ByronMack, fish, mowerman, robert gatten
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No driver shirt sales @ gas city