IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NSSN Ceases Publication
3/29/11, 8:10 AM   #51
Re: NSSN Ceases Publication
RACEMS41

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck2 View Post
Does it seem odd to anyone else that there has been no comment from Chris Economaki?
He's 90 years old...you figure it out.

1 member likes this post: SPRINTCAR
3/29/11, 8:32 AM   #52
popham

For all you people that think switching over to the on line version only of NSSN is the answer you better read closely the updated notebook section about the future of NSSN online!

3/29/11, 8:39 AM   #53
Re: NSSN Update from Corin
Corinne Economaki

I appreciate your kind comments. And I understand that everyone is concerned right now. I invite anyone to call my direct line during East Coast business hours if they would like to speak with me. 704-455-8044. Thank you.

3/29/11, 9:07 AM   #54
Re: NSSN Update from Corin
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne Economaki View Post
I appreciate your kind comments. And I understand that everyone is concerned right now. I invite anyone to call my direct line during East Coast business hours if they would like to speak with me. 704-455-8044. Thank you.
All you folks with questions and complaints, here is your answer. Corinne is giving you an opportunity to discuss this situation. Go for it. Complaining on IOW won't get you very far. Try also to remember that these people are hurting as well. THIS WAS THEIR CAREER!

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

3/29/11, 9:52 AM   #55
cowboyhar69

A class post by Corinne Economaki. How many business people would have the courage to post something like this. Has anyone ever bought a restaurant gift certificate and the restaurant went out of business? Have any of you ever been to a race and the promotor announced he couldn't pay the purse? Drove 500 miles to a race only to get rained out? I have had all of this happen to me. I met a lady this past Saturday...spent $45 on beer and chicken wings and got an email the next day from her saying she wasn't interested in me at all. It's called LIFE and its only a few dollars...time for everyone to get over it...the Economaki's just couldn't make it work anymore. American soldiers are getting shot at everyday in Afghanistan, people on this board have some serious health issues and some are worried about losing a few bucks on a subscription to Speed Sport. Time to count your blessings...if that was the worse thing that happened to you, then you have had a pretty good day. I'll get off of my soapbox now.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

3/29/11, 1:58 PM   #56
Dyno Don

My subscription to NSSN expires in April. I sent a check for $90 for a two year renewal. Here is the strange part, the self addressed business reply envolope I used was returned to me as not deliverable, unable to forward.
Looks like the last nail.

3/29/11, 3:19 PM   #57
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch View Post
Hard to believe some of these statements are coming from racing people......For all that Chris and his team did to advance the sport of auto racing it`s a shame that people have come online and complained.....Auto racing owes Chris a hell of alot more than Chris owes them.
AMEN. They can keep my money and it would not affect me one bit.

2 members like this post: grinch, RACEMS41
3/29/11, 5:09 PM   #58
chop

A few years ago the MARC Times racing paper went under. NSSN give free papers to the people that had been getting the MARC Times. (thank you for that) So do you really think they have a big pile of your cash sitting around at the office of NSSN? If that is true take my share and take Chris out for a dinner on me. I would like to thank all the people who have worked at the paper for the 40 years that I have been reading it. I will miss it. Well maybe not Gary London

1 member likes this post: cowboyhar69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NSSN Ceases Publication