IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No driver shirt sales @ gas city
4/28/14, 7:01 PM   #41
Re: No driver shirt sales @ gas city
robert gatten

Promoter was talked to weeks before the first night, during the first night when shirts could be sold and after the second night when sales were shut down. Doesn't seem he is interested. Everyone is so concerned about the promoter but no one wants to stand up for the drivers ability to make back some expenses. I'm done
Last edited by robert gatten; 4/28/14 at 7:03 PM.

2 members like this post: dirt330, mowerman
4/28/14, 7:58 PM   #42
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Amazing this thread has 5k views. Get off the internet and head to the local dirt track and we wouldn't be arguing about tracks not making money.

4/28/14, 8:38 PM   #43
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post
I can think of oneThank goodness he know longer has his claws in any track I attend
I was only speaking of the current ones

4/28/14, 8:51 PM   #44
sp6967

we all know racers are rich,so why did they need to sell t-shirts.

4/28/14, 10:04 PM   #45
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Brad Kuhn Fan View Post
Amazing this thread has 5k views. Get off the internet and head to the local dirt track and we wouldn't be arguing about tracks not making money.
Its Monday

3 members like this post: 2HWrench, cwfan08, Onlydirt
4/29/14, 12:56 PM   #46
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert gatten View Post
Promoter was talked to weeks before the first night, during the first night when shirts could be sold and after the second night when sales were shut down. Doesn't seem he is interested. Everyone is so concerned about the promoter but no one wants to stand up for the drivers ability to make back some expenses. I'm done
I see this as know big deal,Gas City is the only track in the country you can pay a buck and go buy the shirt from the driver him-self.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cwfan08, dickster, Tony74
4/29/14, 1:04 PM   #47
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
I see this as know big deal,Gas City is the only track in the country you can pay a buck and go buy the shirt from the driver him-self.
Does that still exist? and how many people know about it? Couple dozen each race at best.

4/29/14, 1:18 PM   #48
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Yes it still exists,after 15 years of doing it you would think that anyone who attends races regularly would know about it.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
4/29/14, 1:32 PM   #49
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Yes it still exists,after 15 years of doing it you would think that anyone who attends races regularly would know about it.
Every time I go, I get it, I see the same group of grandstand folks every time. Like I said, A couple dozen at best and its those who get their early. I doubt 90 percent of the Gen Admission crowd know it exist. and about 70 percent of them get there 6pm or later.

Just trying to help out, The track and the teams here. Its always been a nice gesture at the track to get folks the chance to see the cars and drivers up close without demanding the extra 15 bucks to do so. They also would let sprint fans back into the pits after the sprint feature was over and all cars returned to pits. without waiting for the other classes to finish.

4/29/14, 7:09 PM   #50
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

I don't think a lot of people know about it..but its on the home page of the website..and has been since they started the buy a 50/50 and you can go pit side..Thats a pretty good deal if you ask me..Wish i could do that stuff at other tracks haha =P

Ty

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No driver shirt sales @ gas city