IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City Seats
3/23/14, 3:54 PM   #41
Re: Gas City Seats
johnnythunderhead
Banned

they'll need to build mucho more bleachers if (or should I say when) the midget division takes off!

3/23/14, 5:30 PM   #42
Flatrightrear

If people couldn't block their seats off for the season it would be interesting to see how many people got ticked off, stayed home instead and proved they really weren't fans after all.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Jbaldwin, luckybuc97, sc17x
3/23/14, 6:05 PM   #43
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
they'll need to build mucho more bleachers if (or should I say when) the midget division takes off!
They had bleachers bought a few years ago and the town would not allow them to build them. They sold them for a loss. Will we see you there supporting the big chance they are taking with midgets?

5 members like this post: cwfan08, dickster, Jbaldwin, Jerry Spencer, Koonzee
3/23/14, 7:19 PM   #44
Jbaldwin

Made it to gc twice last year(spring usac sprint/IMW). Got there a hour before hotlaps both times. Sat a few from top both times towards turn 1. I've not been there for ISW though I know it's busier but should be common sense to get there early for bigger shows.

3/23/14, 7:33 PM   #45
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Really John there were only 7 according to Jiggs .

3/23/14, 9:10 PM   #46
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

Why would the city not allow the track to build new bleachers?Thanks

3/24/14, 9:34 PM   #47
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdorkboy View Post
Why would the city not allow the track to build new bleachers?Thanks
They would not grant them a building permit. I am not sure why. They told them they could only extend seats as part of the same grandstand. That is when they added another section towards turn1. I do know that a couple of years ago I was working a booth at our county fair and met a couple of people from Gas City. I told them I was there almost every Friday. I figured they would welcome a visitor. Their response was " I hope you don't go to that racetrack. They need to shut it down and level it." I could not believe it as I know the track contributes a lot to the local economy. They also run a timely program and get over early.

2 members like this post: cjaxx1987, dkdorkboy
3/24/14, 9:42 PM   #48
BrentTFunk

Just for the record, not all people in Gas City dislike the track. Many businesses advertise at the track. The truckstop at I69 has given us free showers in the morning after camping at the track, and 2 different places to eat have thanked me for stopping, and commented how they love race nights.

3/24/14, 9:43 PM   #49
dd1

im a diehard sprint car fan an would not miss ISW! at gas city!!! that being said i have to also say that the stands at gas city absolutely suck!!! lol from a guy not getting any younger! they are a killer on my lower back!!! lol

3/25/14, 10:09 AM   #50

Not going to waste my time with 5 pages of complaints but I solved this problem 7 years ago for the staff. Take 1 section of bleachers (which ever section the locals reserve the least amount of seats in) and reserve them for presale. Add a presale box office to the website. Charge an additional $5 to cover the fee's involved. Sell the top 4 or 6 rows. You want a top row seat and do not attend weekly, reseve it on line. Track gets there money before the show ever happens. You do not show up to claim your seat, track keeps your money. Seats are not sold by heat 1, make an announcemnet and let people move in. I agree with rewarding the local fans that support each week. Many of us are jelouse this track is not in our back yard to be able to attend weekly.

Honestly I only get to make a couple of races at Gas City each year. In the past when money was tight I have skipped races because I knew I could not get to the track and set where I want to. Now though when ever I go to Gas City, I just get a pit pass. Always a top row seat open. Plenty of room to stretch out.

1 member likes this post: Ty
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City Seats