Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Courtesy
8/27/13, 2:17 PM   #41
Re: Courtesy
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
They looked like Modern Day Squirrels .
I bet they were fun to watch with their little elbows up.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

2 members like this post: Danny Burton, mowerman
8/27/13, 2:31 PM   #42
Danny Burton

PJ: That wasn't their elbows.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

3 members like this post: LUCKYONE, mowerman, Tim Watson
8/27/13, 2:40 PM   #43
PJ Wright

Danny: I guess Smackdown had EVERYONE "excited".
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

2 members like this post: Danny Burton, mowerman
8/27/13, 5:09 PM   #44
JstAbvVMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed bump View Post
Merritt Speedway in N.Michigan has a family section and I was there last Sat . and in that section and seen the Security guy throw three people out of the track that were drinking in that section .....the people there gave the Security guy a standing ovation .......
Apparently Kokomo's Security, if you can call them that, was in the pits throwing a totally sober driver and his team out of the pits for using a curse word....HMMMMM
Guess maybe Security at Kokomo has their own set of priorities, that's sad....

8/27/13, 6:28 PM   #45
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRube View Post
Were they drunk squirrels???
To me they looked thirsty. Kind of warm being in the sun from where they were sitting.

8/27/13, 7:52 PM   #46
Pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
There is a BIG difference between having a few beers and getting completely wasted
Yea,,,,about 70 bucks 😎

Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device

5 members like this post: AERO410SCJA, BrentTFunk, jim goerge, luckybuc97, opnwhlmnd
8/27/13, 8:05 PM   #47
JordanBlanton

As somebody who enjoys adult beverages quite often, I can honestly say that, for me at least, the language filter is the first thing to go. It isn't necessarily intentional, but after a handful of beers, my vocabulary goes from college graduate straight to sailor at sea. I would hate to offend someone without realizing it and having it mentioned calmly and rationally. A simple, "Hey, do you mind toning down the language a bit? I have my kids/grandkids/wife/mistress with me," can often go a long way. If they get angry or confrontational about it, it's time to let security do their job.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, luckybuc97, monkeyboy, mowerman
8/27/13, 10:01 PM   #48
REALDEAL

I have been going to Kokomo every race night for the past 25-30 yrs and I can honestly say the backstretch used to get pretty wild when you could park along the fence.... I sit in the same area on the front stretch every week and have only witnessed a couple problems in at least five years. No loud foul language, excess drunkeness, etc. and whenever there was security was alerted and the perps were removed. Faint memories of a woman getting ra#ed and someone passed out getting run over in the parking lot at Kings Royals in the late eighties early 90s. never seen anything near that at Kokomo. I guess going to all other tracks is like church camp with no drinking or foul language. People can have fun and be respectable to others at the same time. Some just have not been taught this life lesson by less than stellar parents and role models.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by REALDEAL; 8/27/13 at 10:02 PM.

1 member likes this post: ShamrockRacin'48G
8/27/13, 10:16 PM   #49
Tumey's 55

I had no idea the post would generate this much commentary. Being from Kokomo I attend whenever I can, the folks who were out of line are not regulars. I think it is time to move on to other, more relevant racing topics.

1 member likes this post: ShamrockRacin'48G
8/28/13, 1:21 AM   #50
Danny Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumey's 55 View Post
I had no idea the post would generate this much commentary. Being from Kokomo I attend whenever I can, the folks who were out of line are not regulars. I think it is time to move on to other, more relevant racing topics.
Yeah, like the format, King of the Hill, etc. Nah.

Actually I'd rather talk about Bill Gardner's golf cart, the FQB Special.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Courtesy