IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bettenhausen 100
8/19/12, 4:36 PM   #41
Re: Bettenhausen 100
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
I went yesterday out of my love for Champ Dirt Cars. I know that if I miss one on a mile, I may miss the last one. Hopefully I'm wrong. It's sad to see USAC crap on the ONLY series they have exclusively, but of course that doesn't fit their business model, only the Ignite money does.

I'd like to congratulate A.J. Fike on his win. It's been a long time coming, and I can think of no one who has worked harder at it to get it.
Also like to give American Racer a pat on the back too. If you have a Champ Car , they make the ONLY tire to run for the miles.

As for the future, there is somebody VERY interested in taking this away from USAC, but it will hinge on Bob Sargeant. If he says yes, then at least they will be part of an organization that appreciates racers, as they have proven with their midget series.

Appreciating racers, a concept that USAC should try.
Whoa...very interesting, Powri?

An outlaw like Silver Crown division? Would the teams follow a new series to fill the pits at historic dirt miles?

3 members like this post: OTSNWR, SC90, sw1911
8/19/12, 4:49 PM   #42
mr nobody
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
Whoa...very interesting, Powri?

An outlaw like Silver Crown division? Would the teams follow a new series to fill the pits at historic dirt miles?
There would be enough teams that currently run that would follow and enough teams that have parked that would follow that this would be a good start to a new series. That was pretty obvious yesterday at Springfield and leading upto Springfield.

Time will certainly tell.
Last edited by mr nobody; 8/19/12 at 4:51 PM. Reason: Pour grahmer skillz

2 members like this post: OTSNWR, SC90
8/19/12, 5:45 PM   #43
BrentTFunk

I would not hold my breath waiting for some one to start a champ dirt series. The PRA had a golden opurtunity and no one showed up. Cars, fans nobody. I love the cars, but when the average age of your fan is 60 years old it is impossible to grow. I am 49 and I am usually one of the younger fans. It is sad, but true.

4 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, itsanonwingthing, jim goerge
8/19/12, 5:57 PM   #44
racephoto1

There is now a dilemma in Champ Dirt Cars. Do you risk running DuQuoin with a car count of approximately 18 cars after the DNF's of yesterday, or do you pull the plug ? My heart says run, but from a financial point of a promoter, this is a tough call.You're given what is at the present time a truly horrible product, and have to TRY to work with it. Unfortunately you don't have much to work with. An organization that seems not to care a bit about the series, low car counts, and mechanical instability in the cars, which also falls back to the organization. This is a tough call.

If the contract is already signed, and USAC doesn't like the idea to pull the plug, then maybe they should pay the purse, that way they have equal responsibility in improving the product.

As for Bob Sargeant, remember, he is the ONLY person willing to stake his time and money to keep the dirt miles going. I know many people have asked him in the last few months to run the deal on his own, heck he has 4 of the 5 dirt tracks they run on, and is a business partner with the guy who has the fifth one. For his financial interest alone, it seems it wouldn't be a bad idea.Now that he has a successful organization that appears it wants to run them , this just may be the time to do it.

As for those of you who swear USAC is the only way, and I know your out there, remember this.PRA is what saved these cars he first time, when USAC went the NASCRAP route, and the Jasons, McCord and Smith saved them with the PRA. It's starting to appear as if someone named Siner just may now have to do the same thing.

1 member likes this post: K-Dawg30
8/19/12, 7:12 PM   #45
mr nobody
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
There is now a dilemma in Champ Dirt Cars. Do you risk running DuQuoin with a car count of approximately 18 cars after the DNF's of yesterday, or do you pull the plug ? My heart says run, but from a financial point of a promoter, this is a tough call.You're given what is at the present time a truly horrible product, and have to TRY to work with it. Unfortunately you don't have much to work with. An organization that seems not to care a bit about the series, low car counts, and mechanical instability in the cars, which also falls back to the organization. This is a tough call.

If the contract is already signed, and USAC doesn't like the idea to pull the plug, then maybe they should pay the purse, that way they have equal responsibility in improving the product.

As for Bob Sargeant, remember, he is the ONLY person willing to stake his time and money to keep the dirt miles going. I know many people have asked him in the last few months to run the deal on his own, heck he has 4 of the 5 dirt tracks they run on, and is a business partner with the guy who has the fifth one. For his financial interest alone, it seems it wouldn't be a bad idea.Now that he has a successful organization that appears it wants to run them , this just may be the time to do it.

As for those of you who swear USAC is the only way, and I know your out there, remember this.PRA is what saved these cars he first time, when USAC went the NASCRAP route, and the Jasons, McCord and Smith saved them with the PRA. It's starting to appear as if someone named Siner just may now have to do the same thing.
There-in lies our potential problem. Siner and Brownare only part time organization runners. They have 40 hours a week jobs. Saving the Silver Crown series would require a massive influx of time and resources (not talking about money) to get it stopped on it's down slope and moving in a positive and healthy direction. It's going to take a strong and devouted leadership and equally strong and devouted fan base to get this series back to what it was even 10 years ago.

8/19/12, 7:27 PM   #46
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post
Wow, interesting.

Jerry
All should know how he feels about the little guys, he takes $100 out of their sprint pay! But, that is the fault of any that support that type of attitude!!

8/20/12, 2:16 PM   #47
jdull99

From my "studies" back in the day, I am sure I noticed 18 car fields when things were SO great??? How many can anyone watch at one time anyway??? Too many classes of races and things to do these days. Hopefully those that can attend will enjoy! I am goin to put an effort into checking out Springfield when I can!

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
jasondull.com (For all the Racing News)

8/20/12, 6:01 PM   #48
Max Revs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I would not hold my breath waiting for some one to start a champ dirt series. The PRA had a golden opurtunity and no one showed up. Cars, fans nobody.
Last PRA race at Lakeland, FL, in December 2006 had Tony Stewart and Travis Pastrana in the field, and the stands were packed. I respectfully disagree with the "no one showed up" portion of your statement.

1 member likes this post: SC90
8/20/12, 7:42 PM   #49
opendirt63

The 63 is making all efforts to get its powerplant back online for duqion

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, OTSNWR, SC90, SpfldMile
8/20/12, 7:46 PM   #50
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Revs View Post
Last PRA race at Lakeland, FL, in December 2006 had Tony Stewart and Travis Pastrana in the field, and the stands were packed. I respectfully disagree with the "no one showed up" portion of your statement.
How many were there for Stewart and Pastrana only? I stand corrected. How many cars showed up, and was it successful enough to have them back? Not being critical, hoping I am wrong.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bettenhausen 100