IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoffman Racing pres release-driver change
5/4/11, 5:52 PM   #41
Re: Hoffman Racing pres release-driver change
SpfldMile

Sometimes a change of scenery is a good thing. I support all 3 parties and hope they all have great success this year!

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, SPRINTCAR
5/4/11, 6:24 PM   #42
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvwildthg View Post
Just a lil since he is going to make a come back in my car at the usac eastern swing,begining at learnerville may 30
Did you run that by USAC?:2:

It will be good to see him again, in a car or not

5/4/11, 7:26 PM   #43
wvwildthg

And what would i have to run by USAC??? Do they now have an age limit.... Damn and i was working on that AARP sponsorship for awhile now....

5/4/11, 9:59 PM   #44
team3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Some of the comments on this thread are just, Well. Tastless and cheap shots.

Yeah, Jerrys a great guy. I too wish him all the best.

A call was made, No different than thousands of other calls by many teams over the decades. Yet we got a team that doesn't rent the ride, but gives it and a portion of the winnings based on merit and some on here do anything they can to disrespect them. Some of the most giving people (Who don't have too) that I've ever met.

I suppose some of you'd just prefer another team just pack it in and quit.

Especially from a representative of a tracks to be making comments of the sort
Well, I for one will never root for the 69 car again! I don't care who's chauffeuring it! Jerry is a class act and one of the most respected drivers in the pits, The Hoffman team is not! Period!.... Sorry!
I guess we'll see what happens, but if he isn't winning races but quick, DC will be out too. Maybe the Hoffmans should look at themselves for a change? You can't get much better than Coondog.

5/4/11, 11:14 PM   #45
Gregg

If I quit following teams that parted ways with my favorite drivers I would be hard pressed to find many teams to root for. Just look at the teams Dave Darland USED to driver for. I would have quite a laundry list of teams to dislike right there.

Hoffman and the Coondog had a good run, it's over, time to move on. I've always like Jerry and hope he can catch on with another team in short order. With his resume it shouldn't be too hard for that to happen.

I hope for the best with the Hoffmans and Deron Clayton. It should be exciting and possibly a winning combination. The only thing I am wondering is how the Hoffman garage is going to put up with two cowboys hanging around the shop.
Last edited by Gregg; 5/4/11 at 11:17 PM.

5/5/11, 12:01 AM   #46
bfranks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevracer58 View Post
"thanks for winning more races more than any driver in team history- now get out."
it will be a sad day if he doesnt get another "good" ride. Daron is deff. a gasser. caint wait to see him. would really like to see jerry do well also.

5/5/11, 8:56 AM   #47
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3521 View Post
Well, I for one will never root for the 69 car again! I don't care who's chauffeuring it! Jerry is a class act and one of the most respected drivers in the pits, The Hoffman team is not! Period!.... Sorry!
I guess we'll see what happens, but if he isn't winning races but quick, DC will be out too. Maybe the Hoffmans should look at themselves for a change? You can't get much better than Coondog.
WOW.

If Jerry gets another ride and blows the doors off the Hoffmans, I'll still cheer for him as much as I did when he was in the ride. And same for Daron if he blows the doors of Jerry with the Hoffman ride.

I really have no enemy teams or drivers. I feel good for them all when good things happen and bad when it goes the other way.

Chuck

3 members like this post: apexonephoto, Kansasdirtfan, SPRINTCAR
5/5/11, 11:24 AM   #48
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3521 View Post
well, i for one will never root for the 69 car again! I don't care who's chauffeuring it! Jerry is a class act and one of the most respected drivers in the pits, the hoffman team is not! Period!.... Sorry!
I guess we'll see what happens, but if he isn't winning races but quick, dc will be out too. Maybe the hoffmans should look at themselves for a change? You can't get much better than coondog.

5/5/11, 12:28 PM   #49
Diggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
WOW.

If Jerry gets another ride and blows the doors off the Hoffmans, I'll still cheer for him as much as I did when he was in the ride. And same for Daron if he blows the doors of Jerry with the Hoffman ride.

I really have no enemy teams or drivers. I feel good for them all when good things happen and bad when it goes the other way.

Chuck
"Fan" is just an abbreviation of "fanatic". Some folks take things more seriously than others, obviously. And I think that's okay. If we all had the same opinion of this move, or any other for that matter, then how boring would that be? I'd rather race fans be passionate than vanilla.

Personally, I was surprised to see the announcement and given time to mull it over, I'm still not a fan of it. I like both drivers, always have (even though there's only one Modern Day Cowboy and he doesn't drive a sprint car ) and will still cheer for both. But I know myself. And I know that the first time I see them both in the same race, there will be a part of me hoping that Jerry comes out on top. I feel how I feel <<shoulder shrug>>

2 members like this post: bigq11, Charles Nungester
5/5/11, 1:38 PM   #50
smith19

diggsy, your right. there's only one john gill.

1 member likes this post: Diggsy
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoffman Racing pres release-driver change