IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Nascar rules
3/9/10, 12:09 AM   #41
Re: Nascar rules
oldfatcat

You are right on Red hat. Take care of it in the pits or bump them on a yellow but never at racing speeds. Many cars could get caught up in your disagrement. You also mess up a good race for the fans. Fans are important. We have all been on our head enough without it being on purpose.

3/9/10, 10:07 AM   #42
bigmojo5

Would we really be talking about any of this if the air had not caught the wing and flipped the car over?

A couple of points

-- BK had made it known don't get close to me or ...

-- there was history between him and Carl dating back to 'Dega

-- Carl chose a place and a time when the two cars were by themselves on the race track.

-- What Carl did was a lot less dangerous than what we've seen other drivers do by using their cars as a battering ram -- including Tony Stewart a couple of years ago

-- It gave DW something to talk about other than Danica

-- DW didn't have time to say Boogity, Boogity, Boogity

-- You can't have a "let them have at it" rule if you don't let them have at it

-- It got NASCAR on ABC Monday night and Danica wasn't involved
Last edited by bigmojo5; 3/9/10 at 10:11 AM.

2 members like this post: Mud Packer, TQ29m
3/9/10, 5:11 PM   #43
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmojo5 View Post
Would we really be talking about any of this if the air had not caught the wing and flipped the car over?

A couple of points

-- BK had made it known don't get close to me or ...

-- there was history between him and Carl dating back to 'Dega

-- Carl chose a place and a time when the two cars were by themselves on the race track.

-- What Carl did was a lot less dangerous than what we've seen other drivers do by using their cars as a battering ram -- including Tony Stewart a couple of years ago

-- It gave DW something to talk about other than Danica

-- DW didn't have time to say Boogity, Boogity, Boogity

-- You can't have a "let them have at it" rule if you don't let them have at it

-- It got NASCAR on ABC Monday night and Danica wasn't involved
-- You forgot one "time to tighten up them seat belts boys"

3/10/10, 6:37 AM   #44
LocalYokel

Anytime someone wrecks they can be seriously hurt or even killed, it doesn't matter the track. Over the years safety improvements have made a lot of people complacent of this fact. Freak things do happen. Anyone that wrecks someone on purpose not only should be banned from racing, but also should be terribly ashamed at themselves. All of these drivers claim to be very religious, yet the bible teaches us to "turn the other cheek". While it might not be appealing to some fans, I feel the sport would be much safer and healthier if the drivers exercised this caution...

3/10/10, 9:57 AM   #45
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

My only question is how does the insurance carriers for both NASCAR and the race tracks look at these actions?

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Last edited by Mud Packer; 3/10/10 at 9:58 AM.

3/10/10, 10:13 AM   #46
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalYokel View Post
Anytime someone wrecks they can be seriously hurt or even killed, it doesn't matter the track. Over the years safety improvements have made a lot of people complacent of this fact. Freak things do happen. Anyone that wrecks someone on purpose not only should be banned from racing, but also should be terribly ashamed at themselves. All of these drivers claim to be very religious, yet the bible teaches us to "turn the other cheek". While it might not be appealing to some fans, I feel the sport would be much safer and healthier if the drivers exercised this caution...
I don't think that ALL of the drivers seem religious. Maybe some, but not all.

And doesn't the Bible also say "an eye for an eye" somewhere?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Nascar rules