IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Speedway May 23rd...another open wheel night!!
5/19/09, 12:45 PM   #41
Re: Lawrenceburg Speedway May 23rd...another open wheel night!!
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBurger View Post
Straight from the horse's......err, make that the boss' mouth, and I didn't even have to buy breakfast.......yet.

The Dick Gaines Memorial (8/22/09) will now be a 10K to win, USAC sanctioned event.

I believe that makes three 10K to win events for the traditional sprinters at The 'Burg in '09.

Also fills what had been a void from the end of ISW to the 4-Crown which previously had no USAC sprints on dirt here in the tri-state area.

Dave got my attention by coming in to Bob Evans this a.m. wanting to know where he could park the bus he had filled with folks looking for a free breakfast. After I was revived, it turns out that he was just joshin' and that he had to rush off to a meeting further west.

I owe ya Dave.
Hmmm, I am planning on doing the TNT tour this year, guess I will miss this one, as Spridge said this is the same night as the Lakeside TNT tour finale.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

5/19/09, 12:54 PM   #42
Kirk Spridgeon

I'd really love to go to the Gaines Memorial too, Dan, but this is really tough timing. Any chances of a date change? Looks like the 8th & 15th contain NO special races. Lakeside is a big event that has concreted itself as one of the racers' favorite places to go....last year it drew Ballou, Whitt, Clayton, Truckers, Gulick, Hunter, Hockett, Windom, Darland, and Gardner just to name a few that would also run at Lawrenceburg.

But, I must say, I think it's extremely cool that Dave is doing this. The Dick Gaines Memorial SHOULD be one of the biggest sprint car races on the schedule!

5/19/09, 2:35 PM   #43
Sandy Lowe

Isn't the 15th already a USAC doubleheader with sprints & midgets at Salem?
Also, on Sunday the 9th the sprints are at Knoxville, IA.

5/19/09, 4:03 PM   #44
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I think theres room for both. Certainly some are going TNT but DD is chasing USAC Sprint Points, Coons, Hagen, Sweet, Levi, Hines, Whitt ect. The guys chasing the money are going to go to which track they think they got a better shot at. Id never count out Ballou at LBurg, Hockett and others like Bland Jr. Have a great shot at it. or at lest one of them

I don't think this was meant to steal a race but to put USAC on its schedual of becoming EVENT oriented. To which I see a very good start happening in only two short years and a killer recovery after loosing Manzy.

The Dick Gaines memorial couldn't be more fitting for Big Purse, Mid August Race at a point many tracks are suffering
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/19/09 at 4:09 PM.

5/19/09, 6:04 PM   #45
lazyifoto

And I still want to see the BIG cars at the burg.......bring'em ...please!

5/19/09, 6:43 PM   #46
Danny Burton

As one gets older, one needs more and more something to look forward to doing, or seeing.

The D. Gaines Memorial is just one more.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Speedway May 23rd...another open wheel night!!