IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wolverine Midgets $1000 to Win in 2009
2/28/09, 12:13 PM   #41
Re: Wolverine Midgets $1000 to Win in 2009
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by duel View Post
anyway, Don, i saw your midget a couple of times last year and it is a beautiful car.
Well.... thank you!!!!

Don Moore

2/28/09, 1:27 PM   #42
Re: Wolverine Midgets $1000 to Win in 2009
wolmidget

WOMS, Big Changes for 2009
As the owner of WOMS the last two years it has been a struggle to build the series. I love midget racing. What a thrill to drive these cars. The problem is there just are not enough midgets around on a consistent basis. The midgets are out there but getting them on the track has been difficult to accomplish. Watching the 19 midgets we had with UMARA at Kalamazoo last year was such a great event. What about the 33 midgets we had with USAC and UMARA at Berlin last year? What a sight to behold. Does it get any better than those two events? I don't think so. Do I think any of the traveling series have it over us? No way!
This year instead of sitting through another difficult year, I have decided to really give our series a chance to grow and prosper, even in these difficult economic times. Every hosted WOMS event will pay $1000 to win this year. We will even pay $160 to start. If the midget community does not respond to this type of purse than I may have misread their dedication to our sport and it's growth potential. I am betting with a considerable financial commitment of my own that we can make a difference. I am inviting midget racers from around the Midwest to give our series a try when you are not participating with your own series. I strongly believe we need all of our current series to survive and prosper and wish them all well but if you have a free weekend please come and visit us.
As many of you know I own a midget myself and have yet to be described as a threat for the win, but participating and being competitive is what it is all about for me.We still have numerous challenges. A sound and affordable tire rule tops the list. If the answer was easy it would have been solved by now. Keeping midget racing affordable for the weekend racer has always been the mission of the Wolverine Series. How do we accomphlish this with out shutting out a number of the better financed teams? Difficult questions.
I am commited to making a difference and although I will not please everyone my heart is in the right place.Keep checking our web site to get up to date information. Dan Vander Molen Wolverine Midgets www.wolverinemidgets.com

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wolverine Midgets $1000 to Win in 2009