IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TriState
6/5/23, 12:48 PM   #41
Re: TriState
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheHammer View Post
I havent seen a poster like DirtTrackTherapy16J since the golden days of SUPERDUKE.

Dude is nutting me up!

2 members like this post: Jerry Shaw, OnTheHammer
6/5/23, 12:52 PM   #42
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Some people just can't handle the truth. It must suck to get your feelings hurt so easily and live life so miserably.

6/5/23, 12:58 PM   #43
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vookie View Post
Larry O. has returned to IOW after a long absent.
Russ, Larry O was the voice of f'ing reason compared to this guy.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

3 members like this post: captrat, OnTheHammer, Vookie
6/5/23, 1:11 PM   #44
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post
You dont like it, then dont read it!! Pretty simple huh? I could give 10 ***** less what you think!! Pretty simple huh?
Moe, Larry cheese

6/5/23, 1:12 PM   #45
Vookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Russ, Larry O was the voice of f'ing reason compared to this guy.

Jerry
It's either Larry or Professor Irwin Corey.

1 member likes this post: Jerry Shaw
6/5/23, 1:27 PM   #46
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Reading these comments, I'm gonna offer an opinion based on my weekend entertainment dollars spent. Friday night I went to Circle City. Yes, it was hot and sunny. First heat rolled off at 8:50pm. Thankfully the winged feature was ran first, ending about 10:40pm. I stayed for half of the modified feature, walking out at 11:05pm. Race not over, and two more features to go. The next day, I saw a comment from the track stating that the racing got over at a "reasonable hour". Really? Next time going to Circle City, check out the new subdivision going up across the street from the fairgrounds. How late can they race? I saw very few families with kids. Family of four next to me got up and left into the evening.

Saturday, I went to the Indianapolis Indians baseball game. Game started at 7:05 pm. I was walking out at 9:30pm. Probably 8,000 or more full of families and kids.

Sunday, I went to the WNBA game. Wanted to see the Fever #1 draft pick. Started at 4pm. I was walking out at 6pm. Probably 5,000 families and kids.

Tonight, I'll go back to Circle City for midget night #2. With Track Enterprises involved, I have confidence in Bob Sargent the show will run faster.

My take? I'm 67. Not sure on all the ages of the people posting on this thread. Been going to races since I was 14. These dirt tracks better start figuring out how to manage and run their shows. This spring all I've been reading about how they don't start at their advertised times and how long shows are running. I don't have to name the tracks. They're all guilty of dragging on their shows for various reasons, some which can't be avoided. I get it. Only track that has started on time this season I've attended has been Anderson. Eldora will start on time this week. I see the petition going around to save Bloomington. Wow, this past weekend they must have made a remarkable recovery. Memorial Day weekend a friend told me how long the Burton Memorial ran past midnight.

Tracks need repairs and updating. Last thing we need to be doing is running off paying customers who bring few kids, only to be disappointed with the length of shows. Enjoy midget week everyone.

6/5/23, 1:48 PM   #47
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Nice post Grocery Guy!! Way to talk the truth!! Just be aware some on here can't handle it!! Maybe I will run into you tonight at Indy!!

6/5/23, 1:51 PM   #48
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post
So not to be dumb here, unfortunately I have never been to Haubstadt bc it's just all but impossible to make the show on time with my work schedule.

With that said, I have a question. Yes Sunday night, yes work night, yes ridiculous long break/delay tonight. However, watching on Flo on the boat tonight, my best friend/fishing and hunting partner and I couldn't help but notice the stands just absolutely empty!! Was the whole night this way, or was it just towards the end? We were hammering the Slabs (Crappie) and Channels (Catfish) so much that we couldn't keep up with the fish much less get Flo going on the phone for the first half of the night.
Maybe you should just stick to fishing You weren't there, but obviously have enough time to bash/post after 1 in the morning and then back at it after 9am to almost Noon. I'm sure there will be more to follow. Self employed, work at home? asking for a friend....

4 members like this post: Bill Angel, Ilovedirttrackracing, OnTheHammer, trackprep
6/5/23, 1:57 PM   #49
Vookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Maybe you should just stick to fishing You weren't there, but obviously have enough time to bash/post after 1 in the morning and then back at it after 9am to almost Noon. I'm sure there will be more to follow. Self employed, work at home? asking for a friend....
Day pass.

1 member likes this post: OnTheHammer
6/5/23, 2:03 PM   #50
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedFan2019 View Post
These non-wing tracks need to take notes from a track like Attica (who runs wings and 2 other classes every week) Done by 9:30 every time
And nobody seen a thing thru the dust.

2 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, erich45
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TriState