IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > First Night of Indiana Sprint Week
2/27/18, 6:30 PM   #41
Re: First Night of Indiana Sprint Week
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by isf View Post
i was working solely on memory, that was my first mistake......
Classic !

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
2/27/18, 10:42 PM   #42
dirt330

From Speed Sport News “Although we got a very late start in the scheduling process, we have developed an exciting and diversified schedule for our fans and participants,” said Jerry Gappens, promoter of Gas City I-69 Speedway. “We are still in dialogue and expressing our passionate interest with USAC executives in hopes of hosting the opening round of the USAC Sprint Week on July 20. They should be announcing something soon regarding that “TBA” on both schedules.

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, fish, jim goerge, tirespinner
2/28/18, 11:30 AM   #43
addictedtodirt

While I see the benefit of having a sprint week date at IMS, I am leary of having an untested track host such an iconic event. The potential to loose a new fan is greater than the potential to gain new fans should the program be delayed or prolonged.

I like the idea of a dirt track at IMS, just wish that if it does happen, they run a couple regular shows to get the track prep nailed and all the moving parts it takes to run a smooth race ironed out.

2/28/18, 2:02 PM   #44
racer-x

I can't think of any other track that has updated there facility as much as Plymouth has. Hope they get it!!

1 member likes this post: Al Pierce
2/28/18, 8:56 PM   #45
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
I can't think of any other track that has updated there facility as much as Plymouth has. Hope they get it!!
Upgrades there have been very impressive. There’s just one update that needed to be made that wasn’t: ripping up the pavement. I think Mansfield proved that the race surface is so much better without the pavement under the dirt.

2 members like this post: erich45, tirespinner
2/28/18, 9:48 PM   #46
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Kind of the same with Kamp, or whatever they're calling it. Seen some of the best sprint racing there but sand and dust were ridiculous.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, mc/rider
3/1/18, 11:37 AM   #47
JarrettFarms73

i’ll be surprised if GC doesn’t get it considering how many “dark” nights for USAC events are noted in their schedule. But hey, anything is possible. Due to my geographic proximity alone, i hope GC gets it.

3/3/18, 12:52 AM   #48
flagboy55

I'm late to the party but want to thank Richie for clearing up our speculation. Just a bit on the topic of the big tracks, considering the direction of society, I'm not surprised that we don't run midgets on the big tracks anymore. I'm looking forward to the series that gives participation trophies. Back to the subject, I vote for shadyhill, just because that's the closest track to my house

1 member likes this post: spicoli
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > First Night of Indiana Sprint Week