IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > That's my seat
7/19/11, 2:30 AM   #41
Re: That's my seat
I Miss Manzy

[QUOTE=Spi-nex;242718]The stadium seat issue needs to be addressed.
Here's an idea that just might work.We'll never get rid of these La-Z-Boy,lawn chair,patio furniture monstrosities,but what if they all had to sit in the same section of seats? A sign could be posted at the gate along the lines of "Stadium seats allowed in Section X only".That way these bleacher hogs could see what it's like to spend an evening with Billy Bob in HIS lap,and those of us who are content with a small cushion or blanket would be free to enjoy the show.Whaddya think?

6 members like this post: bigq11, Bill Angel, Diggsy, interpreter66, mowerman, Mud Packer
7/19/11, 8:11 AM   #42
bigq11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spi-nex View Post
The stadium seat issue needs to be addressed.
I have no problem with the foam style stadium seats because they take up the room that a normal person would.

I do however have a problem with the ones that go further back than the seat and take up half the aisle. Then Billy Bob feels like leaning back in the chair and next thing you know someone is trying to lay in your crotch.... not a pleasant experience.

The solid stadium seats need to go!
•

No coolers or any kind will be allowed in any grandstand areas.
No chairs or cushions with seat backs will be allowed in any grandstand areas.
These changes apply only to the North/South 100 and do not affect any of our other events

This is taken from the Florence Speedway website. As stated, this applies only the their biggest show when they know the stands will be packed. Other times, they have a very fan friendly policy.

This might be something for the promoters to think about. Some ISW tracks allready have a more restrictive policy on bringing in a cooler or even a bottle of water.

7/19/11, 9:52 AM   #43
graybeard

If you carry in a stadium seat you pay for two seats because nobody can sit behind you !!!

7/19/11, 10:59 AM   #44
cleatziff

My wife has a stadium seat. She will not take it to the race track unless we are going to putnamville. It drives us both insane to see a stadium seat taking up most of a walk way. Not only can you not sit behind these people but you can not walk behind them either. It never ceases to amaze me how people think they are the only ones who matter and the world revolves around them. It seems to me society is becoming more and more inconsiderate every day. I do not understand this. With the exception of places like Putnamville these giant stadium seats should not be allowed.

I also feel if you put down a blanket the seat is yours. However, I wish race tracks would not allow blankets to be put down until the gates are open. Taking more seats than you need or picking up someone else's blankets goes back to what is ultimately the whole point of this thread. Society is becoming more inconsiderate. If people were more considerate of those around them then all of this would be a non-issue. Ok I will stop rambling...but I just don't get it.

2 members like this post: I Miss Manzy, interpreter66
7/19/11, 11:20 AM   #45
racerdog45

what works for a weekly show does NOT work for a big event. The rules should be no stadium seats, no large coolers and reserved seats only. If you want big time events then time to start treating them as such instead of like it's just another race....
Last edited by racerdog45; 7/19/11 at 11:23 AM.

7/19/11, 11:54 AM   #46
Diggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdog45 View Post
what works for a weekly show does NOT work for a big event. The rules should be no stadium seats, no large coolers and reserved seats only. If you want big time events then time to start treating them as such instead of like it's just another race....
Part of me can see that, but then another part of me looks at a track like Bloomington and wonders how you go about the reserve seating process when so much of the seating is hillside seating, or folks in the backs of their trucks outside turn 4 and beside the tower. I think reserve seating is a great idea, would save a lot of headaches, and would level the field for all fans, but at the same time, not all tracks are the same. You'd need to find a way to make it work for each of them without asking the track owner to fork over a lot of $ to make changes to appease fans who come to his/her track when they may only be hosting one "big show" per year.

As for the stadium seats and, my personal favorite, the boat seats: take 'em to the stadium or keep 'em in the friggin' boat!

1 member likes this post: bigq11
7/19/11, 12:45 PM   #47
racefan20

At Bloomington, Kokomo, THAT, Brownstown, TSS and the burg I am pretty sure blankets are cleared before each race. That gives everyone equal opportunity to put down seats if you are willing to get there early enough(sometimes the day before) to claim a seat. If you arent willing to get there and claim one you really dont have a gripe. Or do you want the track to save a section for those that show up at 7PM the day of the race and cant get the seat they want? I cant believe this thread has gone on this long.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Last edited by racefan20; 7/19/11 at 12:46 PM.

5 members like this post: bigq11, Checker'd Past, FishBurger, mowerman, skids59
7/19/11, 12:51 PM   #48
Checker'd Past

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > That's my seat