IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS@ haubstadt
5/31/10, 2:39 PM   #41
Re: MSCS@ haubstadt
skids59

From what I was told by one of the scorers, Blake, Tommys' son, had some influence on the decision to race.

1 member likes this post: Rpracing1
5/31/10, 2:54 PM   #42
farriswheel

If you were not present for last nights downpour you have NO CLUE how much rain the track actually got...so to say other tracks can do the same thing, while potentially true, I don't think its been proven and would not be an easy feat. I for one cannot believe we saw a race last night.

5/31/10, 3:15 PM   #43
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

I've been to other tracks where much less rain fell and the show was cancelled right away. Knowing how much equipment Tommy has I was convinced it would be cancelled...after all, it was definitely a monsoon, complete with frighteningly close lightening! But listening on the scanner it was clear that we were going to see a race last night.

Kudos to Tommy and his crew and congrats to Brady (again) for winning on one of the fastest tracks I've ever seen.

5/31/10, 6:13 PM   #44
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigq11 View Post
I remember a similar situation last year (except only hot laps had been run, and it was not a holiday weekend) when the race was cancelled as soon as the nonsoon set in. I guess the just depends on how bad he wants to get the show in. No doubt he can do it when it wants to.
If you recall that evening as I do, it rained very hard later on that evening also. Good decision by track officials.

5/31/10, 7:34 PM   #45
bigq11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
If you recall that evening as I do, it rained very hard later on that evening also. Good decision by track officials.
Sounds like it was a good decision then. I don't recall the rain later as had a long drive home and took off as soon as I could get to the car.

6/1/10, 1:16 AM   #46
ClaytonYeley

Folks, Tommy is simply the best promoter around. He offers a great track and a dang good purse compared to other local shows. Honestly there are sprint car tracks that are closer to home but I would never think about missing Haubstadt for one of them. Anyways, after seeing the ditch overflow onto the road outside of the track I thought we were done but Tommy worked his magic. So here are a few observations from Sunday. After driving down from Indy it was great to see such a large field of cars. I got to see a few amazing runs by some great drivers on Sunday. These runs include Kanaan who got up to 2nd from his 33rd starting spot. Then at Haubstadt we had Cone come from the back of the B to finish 2nd. The run from Bland in the feature was also impressive. Then we had Jon and Short put on a dang good show at the end. I’m looking forward to seeing more great racing at Haubstadt this Saturday for the Kiss/MSCS race.

6/4/10, 3:39 PM   #47
bballr4567

I hate to bump up an older thread but just found it again.

I would like to thank the Tristate workers that let me into the backstrech consession stand during the down pour. I had knee surgery 9 days prior to the race and was still using crutches and they let me in the consession stand so that my bandage and sutures would not get wet. Thanks again for the hospitality! Cant wait to be out there this weekend as well!

Also, the neighborhood behind the house got 1.75" of rain during the deluge.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS@ haubstadt