IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4-crown
7/1/10, 6:30 AM   #41
Re: 4-crown
BIGEBUDMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigq11 View Post
Anyone else remember the 1981 4CROWN? It was a Sat./Sun. show. Ken Shrader qualified the Johnny Vance 2V sprint car and the silver crown car. It was announced that Steve Kinser would be there to drive these cars on Sunday.

Steve started last in each race. In the sprints, he lapped the entire field. In the Silver Crown cars he lapped up to 2nd place, which was Sheldon Kinser. One more lap and he would have lapped him also. One of the most amazing drives I have ever seen.
I believe Earl said that was the best performance and memory at Eldora.

7/1/10, 8:32 AM   #42
KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Did anyone notice on the Eldora website that the Silver Crown and midget qualifying is on Friday with the WoO show??? My favorite moment in just about each racing season is midget hot laps from turn 1 at Eldora. Like bumblebees on the fresh track. Dont think I want to pay for a WoO show to see 'em though. I'll be at either GC or the Bloomington finale.
Interesting way to sell more pit passes for a high cost program

7/4/10, 7:48 PM   #43
dirt330

Talked with son of the head of usac a usac qualifing on friday night with woo show. He said quote that is never going to happen only a rumor. Totally not true

7/4/10, 10:58 PM   #44
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt330 View Post
Talked with son of the head of usac a usac qualifing on friday night with woo show. He said quote that is never going to happen only a rumor. Totally not true
Then somebody should tell Eldora http://www.eldoraspeedway.com/schedule.html

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/7/10, 2:32 AM   #45
JEFFSTOY

thats the real 4 CROWN NATIONALS to a real sprint or open wheel fan
Last edited by JEFFSTOY; 7/7/10 at 2:41 AM. Reason: dont fit in discuss

7/7/10, 10:08 AM   #46
ISF

I really hope Eldora & USAC can find a way to keep the 4 Crown in the forefront of late season open wheel racing, to find a combination that works for most involved and build on that. The 4 Crown, regardless of what types of cars make up the program, should be one of USAC's premier enents and at this time it doesn't fill that bill.

I think they should somehow bring back the dirt late models as part of the 4 Crown. I hate to admit it but if the dirt late models aren't running at Eldora the place looks empty in comparison. Doesn't matter if its the King's Royal or the HBO or USAC the dirt lates whip 'em all in regards to attendance.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4-crown