IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thunder Valley Raceway
4/16/15, 9:30 PM   #41
Mikec11n

I don't think anyone is bashing Friday nights so to speak, just some folks it's a challenge to do. As far as us we will be there as we have been at TVR for the last 30 or so lightning/mini/ d-2 whatever ya want to call them shows without missing one. That being said I hope for a great turnout, looks like maybe 13-14 shows I'm seeing. That still allows us the opportunity to do as many MMSA shows as we can afford to do, as we also love the MMSA and the guys there are first class to EVERYONE. Let's just all race as much as we can afford and have a freakin blast doing it wherever and whenever we can!!!

Mike Cherry

5 members like this post: cmiracingvids, DAD, dlbracer, jjones752, ThunderValleyRaceway
4/16/15, 9:57 PM   #42
Re: Thunder Valley Raceway
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Looking at the MMSA schedule, Saturdays would conflict just about across the board so what choice do they really have, given that the biggest potential pool of chain-drivers are booked Saturdays and the main draw for everyone else would be up against them for at least 8 weeks?
I agree Mike, let's support the tracks that give us the opportunity and have fun wherever we go; I hope to make a few trips down south, even though I'm a working stiff too.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

4/17/15, 7:52 AM   #43
98arpy

The Friday night problem is the biggest item that led Mike Tuell to give it up after two years.
No matter what you run you are against some established program and fans and teams alike have a hard time getting there.

4/17/15, 9:39 AM   #44
DAD

so

What I am hearing then is the Fair Board or the city of Salem or both do not allow racing on Saturday Nights or Sunday afternoons. Maybe Saturday night rent is a lot higher? Do they have a curfew also?

The track has potential but on Friday nights it sure is going to be tough to get a bunch of race cars from out of town to race there regularly. Even back in the roaring 90's they only produced about 4 or 5 Mini Sprints from the Salem area . Now for $1500.00 to win they would stand a chance of drawing a few out of town cars. Then all they would need would be a front gate to pay that purse.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 4/17/15 at 9:41 AM.

4/17/15, 10:01 AM   #45
ThunderValleyRaceway

At this time fridays is the only option. And the start time is the best we can do for now

2 members like this post: DAD, midget96
4/17/15, 12:22 PM   #46
Mikec11n

As for us we appreciate the opportunity to race there again no matter the deal. It has to be the racist little place we've been. Of course we started there so we are kinda bias. I am just happy to see the gates open to us Lightning sprint guys again.

1 member likes this post: DAD
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thunder Valley Raceway