IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Way Out 40 Updates
4/1/12, 9:06 AM   #41
Great Scott

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 63

Great way to start the season. It was so nice to see so many friends. Hats of to the 5B.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 members like this post: bmemmer, miwingless, SprintManDave
4/1/12, 9:31 AM   #42
Re: No Way Out 40 Updates
fishnman

It was great to see and chat with alot of folks I haven"t had the chance to associate with after a looong winter of 65 to 80 hour 7 day a week shifts. Is there anything else good to say about this highly anticipated night of racing.............. guess not

1 member likes this post: SprintManDave
4/1/12, 9:47 AM   #43
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

There were light bulbs installed in the restrooms.So one improvement was made.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, ronmil
4/1/12, 9:48 AM   #44
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Yeah, I got another something good to say. While the track wasn't perfect at times. THATS WHAT MADE IT GREAT RACING. Bland Jr and DD going low, Coleman driving it in high falling about ten cars back only to blast through the cushion and be all over em in the back straight. Chase floating it in on the cushion in three, Bouncing a bit but where the cushion smoothed out in four, he was blasting down the front straight.

In this day of UBER prepared tracks where a good set up and motor alone gets you a top ten. EVERY DRIVER THERE DROVE THEIR TAIL OFF and if the rough way was the fast way, THEY DID IT!

Reminded me a ton of the days of Milburn, Krebs, Salimito, Gains, Wilkerson and the boys, If there was a hole and it was the fast way, They set to go through it and blast after it.
OL' TIMEY RACIN LAST NIGHT! LOVED IT!

Also just Learned Ballou ran the whole night with Pneumonia just to honor Jesse. Get well Robert Ballou!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/1/12 at 10:42 AM.

7 members like this post: 5JMOFFATTFAN!, Drtchsr, dusty tracks, mowerman, PAW, Ricks Pics, ronmil
4/1/12, 10:49 AM   #45
BrentTFunk

I thought the racing was decent ( much better than last year). I also want to thank the Fleetwoods for taking the risk and paying out a big purse, but the track is in need of a LOT of TLC. It has poor lighting to begin with and then in turn 2 two thirds of the lights were not working it was very dark. Only one set of caution lights were working (I know the green was working, but not the yellow). The fence is the most dangerous I have ever seen. After Short went through it a 5 foot piece of top rail was left sticking out. This track could be a really good, but we all know the owner dosen't reinvest in his facility. Look at the come back Putnamville has made since he left. Remember all these things when people start sayingTwin Cities need a Sprintweek date. The facility just isn't ready for that type of event. Still had a good time, and nobody got hurt, so today is a good day.

4/1/12, 12:04 PM   #46
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

We also enjoyed the racing last night at TCRP. I appreciate Mason stepping up and paying a high dollar show honoring one of the true outlaws we have seen race. The memory of Jesse still lives on in many of us. A true racer who was taken from us way to soon.

Glad to hear that Brady was okay after his ride out of the ballpark. Very fortunate that no one else was injured in the pits as well. Track conditions weren't ideal to say the least. A track like last night provides a challenge for all the racers. Some excel while others don't. Same track for all of the competitors though.

I also wish that this facility could be brought back to life. The only way that is going to happen is if someone else buys it and sinks a bunch of money into it. Otherwise, what you see is what you will get.

I mentioned this in a post last year and I will say it again. I would like to see an invert in the heat races and a redraw in the feature. I believe that the racing would be even better than it was last night. A good opening night of racing that could be even better in my opinion.

One last comment. I am not bashing Mason or his crew as I would like to see them be successful in their endeavors. However, they need to work on the organizational part of the program as a whole. I believe that it is the promoters responsibility to have the track prepped and ready to go at the assigned starting time. If you plan on starting at 7:00 PM, then you need to be ready to go at 7.

A good show should have a window of approximately 3-3 1/2 hours. I go to see an event not a marathon. An event like this draws fans from farther away and a late night ending won't entice them to return. Us old diehards probably will but families with children (next generation of racing fans) won't. Too many entertainment options to choose from.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4/1/12, 12:10 PM   #47
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

Well, where to start. The fence....is a joke, we all know that.....what is disturbing is the lack of common sense. After Brady went out of the ball park , the "management" was going back racing with a section on the fence sticking straight towards the drivers coming down the front stretch. Thank you to those who stepped up and SPOKE UP.

Also without the GREAT crew from Lawrenceburg and their equipment the fence would have never been fixed the right way or even safe to resume racing. SO THANK YOU

I would love to know the answers to a few questions.

Saturday was a perfect day. Why was the track NEVER touched after the friday rains? And you wonder why the track was rough. How many tires were cut and how many Right Front tires popped off the bead? Answer... TOO MANY.. There is no excuse what so ever except for lazyness and lack of pride in what you do. You wait untill someone almost gets hurt to say, hmmmmm maybe we should try to fix that. SAD. There is a lot more to putting on a BIG show besides paying BIG money. When you say HOT LAPS start at 545 SHARP.....why does the drivers meeting start after 6 and hot laps start at 630. It sure wasnt because anyone was working the track to make it better.

For all the fans that waited for 30 minutes for the Sprint A to start. The cars, drivers and crews were all staged for over 20 minutes waiting on the "track". The funny thing is the announcer on front stretch is telling everyone that the sprinters are just finishing up getting ready for the A.. then 5 minutes later I hear over the loud speaker "sprint cars to the staging area" and the crowd went wild. Well, we had been sitting in the staging area for 20 minutes when that was said. So what was the real hold up? I sure do not know.

All in all, the racing was pretty good, i am just thankful no one was hurt last night. I wish TCRP good luck in future ventures.

And to T MEZ... Way to Pony up and get the W. Well deserved win!!! Chase Briscoe from 17 to 2! NICE.

4/1/12, 1:03 PM   #48
Eatin Dirt

I have always enjoyed going to TC to watch the Sprints. However, I was totally shocked when I arrived on Friday night to see a track that looked like it hadn't seen a grader since last summer. I thought for sure that when I got there on Saturday that the track would be in much better shape since they had all day to work on it, and with the rain from Friday night that it would be a great heavy track with some awesome racing. Although the track was a disappointment, the racing wasn't to bad. Congrats to T-Mez on a great win, and also to Chase for a super run from the back. My only hope is that this race will be run in the future, it is a great way to kick-off the season.

1 member likes this post: flatout18
4/1/12, 1:49 PM   #49
PAW

Turn the water on so people can flush the toilets during the day.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
4/1/12, 2:02 PM   #50
i love dirt track racing

i was hoping to win the mega millons on friday night. i would of bought twin city speedway and made all the great racing fans happy. had a great weekend with great racing and spending some great time with all my racing family. hope to see you all soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 members like this post: flatout18, Johnhunt
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Way Out 40 Updates