IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Victory Lane Altercation
8/28/17, 5:40 PM   #31
Re: Victory Lane Altercation
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Bill, what did the previous President make? Were you guys all volunteers back then? Why don't you talk about how much your family made a night back then? I was working at a track when the promoter asked how much each person made and you were making more than I do at my full time job. I get that you are bitter, you have beat this dead horse to death. What event like the Smackdown did you have while you were there? $10,000 to win $1000 to start? Did you guys have anything like that? How about the Silver Crown, weren't you part of the next generation car that failed. I will make you a deal, if you will sign a release to USAC to release your pay records, I will push them to release Mr Miller's and we will see how things stack up.
I always thought you were a bright spot during the stagnant years of USAC, but your bitterness has changed my opinion. At times you offer insight that no one else can. I agree with you about it being a cult following, but you have to grind the axe to the point of where it is hard to take you serious.
I have been going to a lot of USAC races since 1982. Not that my opinion matters, but I think things are on the upswing. Remember how many cars you took to Williams Grove? 2 Steve Butler and Rick Ungar. So by comparison things aren't so bad. Just like things weren't bad back in the day.
Oh Brent, you are always replying to me the same way...I made $400 for a Silver Crown race, and $175 for all sprint and midgets. There would be few multi day show that paid more an some that payed less. The wife and boy made $125. We paid all for gas, motels, food, tolls, oil changes, ect....I could give .02 what you think you know, state facts not something you heard or rumored. Check with any of your friends at USAC there should be records.

I went to Colby Kansas once with 7 cars for the lowest car count at any event, I attended Hut 100 with mid 70 car count, did several midget races with as many as 66 pavement cars. I really can not take credit for high car counts as well as low car counts were not of my doing. My job was to enforce the rules all of which were made by myself and owners and drivers sitting down and agreeing on! And ,yes I do have an ax to grind, when I was let go because I refused to allow a cut back in medical expenses by a man that made what Kevin made. I do not need you to inform me what Kevin makes as it is a matter of public record, just like DUI's are. Like you said I bring a lot of factual information, why not do the same.

The 2nd generation car was none of my doing just as Ken Shrader, Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart,Ryan Neuwman, Carl Edwards, Jason Lefler, ect...advancing under my time there is not because of me.

Previous president $110,000 is real close.

Mopar Million $250,000 to win! Silver Crown all paid $10,000 - $20,000 to win, not the standard $8000 of today. Again, none of those purses reflect on me, had nothing to do with them, more facts, seemed I have answered all your questions, does anyone think I am winning. This is all about being the most macho internet troll ?

8/28/17, 5:43 PM   #32
HDINDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
"You fight in the pits, Its a suspension", "You fight on the front stretch, I'll pay ya a hundred dollars"

Earl Baltes.
Earl would just keep selling hot dogs and pizza burgers.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
8/28/17, 6:36 PM   #33
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
This is all about being the most macho internet troll ?
Don't blame Brent or social media for a reputation you tarnished yourself.

8/28/17, 7:04 PM   #34
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I get why Osulks has a grudge. I also had a friend let go to save the bottom line while el presidente got multi six figure pay.

That being said, Kevin has taken it from near bankruptcy due mainly from the Next Gen Crown Car and a book they lost a fortune on. To probably quadrupling its membership and events..

That being said, Now that the ship is righted, Championship money should be paying more and purses should increase a bit.

Seems one side got slashed (Racers and employees) while the other still grew (el presidente.)

I got no real beef with Kevin. Always been nice to me. seen him around greeting competitors and crews. If he earns his $$$ then he should be where he is. If the club is doing well. Throw a little meat on the bone to its competitors, Lord knows they spend tens of thousands to put a show on for USAC..

Now if this isn't officially hijacked. I don't know what is.
Back to the PPV nobody had to pay to see

8/28/17, 9:03 PM   #35
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
Oh Brent, you are always replying to me the same way...I made $400 for a Silver Crown race, and $175 for all sprint and midgets. There would be few multi day show that paid more an some that payed less. The wife and boy made $125. We paid all for gas, motels, food, tolls, oil changes, ect....I could give .02 what you think you know, state facts not something you heard or rumored. Check with any of your friends at USAC there should be records.

I went to Colby Kansas once with 7 cars for the lowest car count at any event, I attended Hut 100 with mid 70 car count, did several midget races with as many as 66 pavement cars. I really can not take credit for high car counts as well as low car counts were not of my doing. My job was to enforce the rules all of which were made by myself and owners and drivers sitting down and agreeing on! And ,yes I do have an ax to grind, when I was let go because I refused to allow a cut back in medical expenses by a man that made what Kevin made. I do not need you to inform me what Kevin makes as it is a matter of public record, just like DUI's are. Like you said I bring a lot of factual information, why not do the same.

The 2nd generation car was none of my doing just as Ken Shrader, Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart,Ryan Neuwman, Carl Edwards, Jason Lefler, ect...advancing under my time there is not because of me.

Previous president $110,000 is real close.

Mopar Million $250,000 to win! Silver Crown all paid $10,000 - $20,000 to win, not the standard $8000 of today. Again, none of those purses reflect on me, had nothing to do with them, more facts, seemed I have answered all your questions, does anyone think I am winning. This is all about being the most macho internet troll ?
Now that is a good reply. I always said I had a lot of respect for you as an official. That is why it is bad you continually beat a dead horse. Things are constantly changing, and I feel that most of the time things are not always better, but it is constant. I have a saying that nobody wishes it was 1978 more than I do, but it is gone and not coming back. I wish that wasn't true. You had some really good years sit back and enjoy them, and when the new bunch makes progress, be proud that you helped lay the foundation. I still haven't seen you, and will be sure to say hi when I do. You might take a poke at me, but I feel like you deserve that respect.

8/28/17, 9:03 PM   #36
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish View Post
Don't blame Brent or social media for a reputation you tarnished yourself.
I have never blamed anyone for my reputation...I stand 100% behind any and everything that I say or have said.

2 members like this post: fish, PIT CART
8/28/17, 10:44 PM   #37
BrandX

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaddeer2 View Post
Last night there was an altercation in victory lane involving what looked liked to be Windom and someone from the 17GP crew. Mike Dutcher has put his 2 cents in on a Facebook post regarding the situation, saying Windom should be mad at "his bitc* Brady Bacon". Dutcher also claims Windom or his Dad jumped on a USAC Official. I assume Windom believed he was done dirty, which clearly wasn't the case. You can watch the video 100 times and see the 17GP car cross Windom over and drive straight down the backstretch until Windom moved down off the backstretch wall, meeting the 17GP car and then making contact with Sunshine. Tyler Thomas isn't the cleanest driver, but I am 100% confident he was not in the wrong on the contact with him and Windom. Anyone have any info besides what is posted here? I also heard Windom threw a steering wheel at 17GP. **Cue the race know-it-alls**
What Facebook post?

8/28/17, 11:55 PM   #38
david mitchell
Banned

About that silver crown car count on pavement🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡😹😹😹😹😹😹😹😹😹🙀🏳🏳🏳🏳🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁

8/29/17, 9:46 AM   #39
Backitin

Something that's been going on since probley the first car race. Just blown out of proportion with facepage and whatever. Most every pit crew back at Flemington in the day had a big dude or two just for that situation, its gotten better not worse.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Victory Lane Altercation