IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 53?
9/9/08, 12:42 PM   #31
Re: 53?
Fisher79

To call the Baldwin 5 with Stanbrough in it a "field filler" is ridiculous. Jon is not as dominant in that car as he was the Foxco 53 obviously, but he's not exactly Tom Davies in it, ok?

I know that the Baldwins, Jon and Ray Kenens work their asses off to make that car go fast, and it does most of the time. They've been bitten with a bit of a bad luck bug in 2008, just as Jon was in the 53 after winning those first 11 races in May/June. It's got to turn around at some point.

9/9/08, 2:05 PM   #32
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

[QUOTE=Fisher79;63334]To call the Baldwin 5 with Stanbrough in it a "field filler" is ridiculous. Jon is not as dominant in that car as he was the Foxco 53 obviously, but he's not exactly Tom Davies in it, ok?

OK by me....:sleep:

9/9/08, 2:14 PM   #33
service manager

I think how we forget what Jon has done in the 53 may never happen again! We are all very lucky who got to watch Jon put the hammer down and win all of those races last year. Oh ya, and how soon we forget who the "sprint car driver of the year" has been the past two years!! Sure there was some luck invoved in those races he won last year but wow he has had some bad luck this year thats for sure. Keep your head up Jon you will turn things around soon iam sure and put that 5 car in the "circle"!!:checkered:

9/9/08, 2:30 PM   #34
1BIGracefan

The Fox Bros and Stanbrough have won 66 races together since august of 05 thru 7-08. I am a race fan first and formost I am extremly pleased that I got to watch such GREATNESS in my lifetime. If we ever see anything like this again who knows but while it was happening it truly was SPECIAL. All I can say is thanks for the memories Fox Bros. and Jon S. they are vivid!

9/9/08, 3:27 PM   #35
Fisher79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pierce View Post
OK by me....:sleep:
I don't know what that's supposed to mean...

9/9/08, 4:46 PM   #36
Mr. Happy

Don't worry kiddies....the Phoenix will rise again! :foxcostanbrough:

9/9/08, 5:44 PM   #37
K9Racer

It is funny how little some people know, but yet comment as if they are experts. For the record, Ken and Margo supply the resources. Jon busts his butt with the tireless efforts of Dave Bayless and his father, Larry. These guys have been hit with numerous bouts of bad luck, but continue to pull up the boot straps to march forward. They make no excuses, they merely suck it up and dig in to improve at every race. They are a fantastic group of people to work with. Mel and Angie are great ladies which support and encourage their men.The clown that called them a "field filler" must be a NASCAR groupy.
Ray,the guy lucky enough to drive the hauler and help in any way possible!!

9/9/08, 6:53 PM   #38
hoosier

This is a hard subject. What most don't realize is how hard it is to take a top notch driver like Jon and take him away from a top notch team like team Foxco. Then he gets a ride in the #5 car and everyone expects them to run like the Foxco/Stanbrough team. It's not that easy. Racing consists of 25% equipment, 25% driver, 25% luck and 25% chemistry. If there is no chemistry and they've had bad luck to boot your doomed to failure. It just takes time to find that balance, it's just like dating and we've all went thru that at one point or another. It's not that they have bad equipment, it's probably just as hard for Jon to make the adjustment because he was used to the Foxco way. Teams like Foxco/Stanbrough are few and far between these days. Sad part is as expensive as everything is it's probably only going to get worse. Best of luck to Jon and the #5 team.
Crystal Pottorff

9/9/08, 7:01 PM   #39
Beer Goggles

Speaking of NASCAR...........

I'll be happy to see that pencil-neck Kyle Busch run out his string of luck very soon.

Maybe Tony will drive that horshoe deep up his A** in the next few weeks. :applaud:
Last edited by Beer Goggles; 9/9/08 at 7:23 PM.

9/9/08, 8:05 PM   #40
hoosierfan

Its sad to see the 53 parked for the year but I just want to say thanks to Jon and the Fox Brothers for the memories. I once fell away from the sport because of other things going on in my life but Jon and the Fox brothers have showed me why I used to and still do love about the sport we call open wheel racing. And Jon I'll always root for you no matter what ride you're in.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 53?