IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC, Lawrenceburg April 2nd details
4/2/16, 10:56 PM   #31
Re: USAC, Lawrenceburg April 2nd details
Nate

Full results

http://www.indianasprintcarnews.blog...s-april-2.html

5 members like this post: addictedtodirt, DirtHawk92, EBookerFan, racegal, TNRustler
4/2/16, 10:57 PM   #32
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtHawk92 View Post
Anyone have a top five or more?? Thx..
Darland, Leary, Weir, Stockon, McGhee, Hewitt, T-Mez!

6 members like this post: ARG, davidm, DirtHawk92, jim goerge, luckybuc97, sc17x
4/2/16, 10:59 PM   #33
DirtHawk92

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 8

Thx Nate!!

2 members like this post: Nate, racegal
4/2/16, 11:00 PM   #34
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtHawk92 View Post
Thx Nate!!
You bet, I try to post quick for folks at home. I know they don't wanna stay up too late if they weren't at the track.

2 members like this post: DirtHawk92, racegal
4/3/16, 2:32 AM   #35
gtownplowboy

Turned into a tire race.first, second, and third among others blew right rear a.Dave was as straight into and out of the corners as you could be on a dirty track the whole race.taking care of that right rear...paid off big time.congrats DD and Walker racing.even had a fuel stop with all the tires blowing.go Dave

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, racegal
4/3/16, 12:23 PM   #36
DHayes818

Where is the weekly recap from Charles?

4/3/16, 12:41 PM   #37
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I didn't get home till noon the day after LOL.

My review is that the heats and consi were great and my post from another thread came true for the feature

Was also great seeing DD win and continue the streak to 26 straight years of a USAC national win.

My Post from another thread

I also think tracks making mandatory corners or all should have the harder option available. They shouldn't have to go out there knowing for a fact the RR will be gone or it become a race of attrition due to blow outs like the last Bubba race was. Making things last, that's for Champ Cars.

BTW, I don't blame the track at all. he could have put a hour into the track while we were all freezing and it probably wouldn't have changed much the way the wind was. It was still going to be a race between cars until it became a race against the end of tire life.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/3/16 at 12:42 PM.

3 members like this post: back it in, Melmo, racegal
4/3/16, 12:54 PM   #38
wideopen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I didn't get home till noon the day after LOL.

My review is that the heats and consi were great and my post from another thread came true for the feature

Was also great seeing DD win and continue the streak to 26 straight years of a USAC national win.

My Post from another thread

I also think tracks making mandatory corners or all should have the harder option available. They shouldn't have to go out there knowing for a fact the RR will be gone or it become a race of attrition due to blow outs like the last Bubba race was. Making things last, that's for Champ Cars.

BTW, I don't blame the track at all. he could have put a hour into the track while we were all freezing and it probably wouldn't have changed much the way the wind was. It was still going to be a race between cars until it became a race against the end of tire life.
The track was a joke. There is no excuse for black in the first group of hot laps. Wind or not Lawrenceburg is the only track in the state that takes rubber nearly every night. The pit area wasn't dry and the wind was blowing there too. 10's of thousands of dollars where spent last night and fans had to sit through a complete embarrassment of a race.
Last edited by wideopen24; 4/3/16 at 1:12 PM.

4/3/16, 1:14 PM   #39
treecitytornado

It is a shame!

4/3/16, 3:09 PM   #40
dustbowl

4 out of the last 5 times I've been it's been rubber down. It's certainly not the tire compound, run the same tire everywhere. It's pretty simple, when you pack dirt down as hard as concrete and never actually turn the track over its going to be dusty, slick, and will likely take rubber, and water isn't going to correct it. hard to run local shows when you destroy a minimum of three tires a night for 1500 to win.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC, Lawrenceburg April 2nd details