IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Phillips Motorsports ISW Special
7/2/14, 11:27 AM   #31
Re: Phillips Motorsports ISW Special
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut'n but Dirt View Post
I'm very saddened that we tried to promote our team and get some additional funding by giving a great opportunity to some of Dave Darland's fans, as well as our team, and it has turned into people complaining about the price. My husband and I work very hard to keep this team going mostly with our own money. Believe it or not, with the success we've had, we still haven't gotten a large sponsor - meaning anyone over $10,000. So, sorry if you feel the $500 is too much. We thought it was a great idea, and we still are offering it so anyone. We have one great fan out there that has already paid, and we plan on making it a night to remember for him!

I appreciate Bill Gardner for trying to keep promoting and bumping our post, and others who have been supportive.

What I would like to recommend to all people who post on this site, like my mom always said, "if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all!". Too bad people don't take that to heart and do so.
Here's a idea though. If you can't afford to do the one night associate sponsorship/team member deal. Any Amount a fan could give will help the team get to the next race. Go up after the races and Give em a 5-10-20-50-100 dollar bill. It adds up.

They offered a package, Its not the only way a typical fan can help. I think its a neat idea and worthwhile if you can do it, If ya can't. Thats ok too.

Carla and Steve, It's appreciated that you guys and all the teams work their tails off. Good luck Friday and at Sprintweek! Don't let a few get your spirits down. Hope to see you guys in Victory Lane many more times!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/2/14 at 11:45 AM.

7/2/14, 12:23 PM   #32
grumpy racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt in ur beer View Post
Stay away from hoseheads if you think people on here r evil n bitter.
This what I like guy dont even know where he's at. You are on IOW not Hoseheads LOL.

7/2/14, 12:28 PM   #33
grumpy racer

Hey Billy P. or C. Shu. How many veiws was record last winter on Hazen deal I'm going for it.

7/2/14, 12:38 PM   #34
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy racer View Post
This what I like guy dont even know where he's at. You are on IOW not Hoseheads LOL.
He was saying stay away from hoseheads if you think iow is bad...

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/2/14, 12:40 PM   #35
Re: Phillips Motorsports ISW Special
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_edge View Post

And He was joking adding the LOL at the end

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/2/14, 12:51 PM   #36
grumpy racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_edge View Post
Your right I missed the on I'm bad come on everyone lets keep this going I think 8000 something is the record. Who can I piss off next till wife pulls the plug she's the nice one not me.

2 members like this post: kcarm92, mowerman
7/2/14, 1:44 PM   #37
rclaridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy racer View Post
Ya then the next comment will be $250 is stupid should be $125 then the next comment will be you should pay them to be there and so on and so on. I bet some of the keyboard drivers running there mouth wont even attend sprintweek. I think I call the Colts tell them I want to be on sideline next season for free wonder what they say. I thought posting here might be ok but like almost every other post you get bashed its just IOW I guess. I am over it.
I'm sorry my comment was taken as bashing, that certainly was not my intent.I have a lot of respect for all car owners!

7/2/14, 2:08 PM   #38
grumpy racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclaridge View Post
I'm sorry my comment was taken as bashing, that certainly was not my intent.I have a lot of respect for all car owners!
Thank you really car owners get little praise for the good but always hear the bad. Thanks for the kind words. Now lets get back to the ugly

1 member likes this post: dstensland
7/2/14, 2:11 PM   #39
on_the_edge

I'm gonna say the $500 was calculated by the Phillip's before they brought this idea up. Yes $500 is a lot for your average fans but some can afford it and really $500 doesn't cover many expenses in a night. 2 rear tires pretty much wipes out that $500. Hopefully more fans sign up and help keep the 71p on the USAC tour.

7/2/14, 2:40 PM   #40
grumpy racer

Lets see if I can get this going. It has come to me this winter, and I have been on my soapbox since. In sprint car racing I beleave performance no longer matters. Because of social media you can attract sponsors without results if you use social media. How can I make this statement well there are teams out there who really struggle racing who pull in 5or6 figures but struggle to even make a big race. There are others who not only make but win them on almost no sponsorship cause that are social media challenged ie our team or good example Hazen 57 what could Paul and Chad do if they had a wheelbarrow of money. But then when we ask for a little help we get crap ,where, social media. I remember this winter the Darland Deal for ARCA and all the keyboard racers who were going to help. Someone did the math and if everyone of these dif what they said there was almost 80,000 I understand less than 3,000 showed up. Then when the owner spoke on IOE was blasted for seeking help from fans. This in my opinion was so wrong on all accounts. So come on folks get the bashing going we ate only half way to the veiws records

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Phillips Motorsports ISW Special