IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Why can't USAC do live Sprint races on TV
3/29/13, 9:20 AM   #31
Re: Why can't USAC do live Sprint races on TV
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter56 View Post
.... he said he has made every effort to get with usac to get these races on the net on Jackslash even coming down to say that he would provide free services to usac with nothing in return for him needed and they said they were not interested in it at all and pretty well told him to drop the subject.... Posted via Mobile Device
Let me understand this, Jacklash will video tape the USAC race for free, and he will not charge USAC for his services. He then will put the same video on his pay for view web site, and somehow this is suppose to be a good thing for USAC?

I wonder if this is how it works with NASCAR. Do you think that NASCAR pays FOX to put thier product on the TV? Does NASCAR pay FOX and then allows FOX to profit from the results?

I know that Jacklash is well respected on this board, but that is some of the most twisted logic I have every heard on IOW.

For PPV to work properly, the sanction group and the local track need a way to see some of the revenue stream. Without money going back to those two groups it will never work properly.

3/29/13, 2:22 PM   #32
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Sean has the ability to put it on the FREE part of his site...thats what he was getting at.

3/29/13, 6:04 PM   #33
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Only thing I've ever seen Sean post on here is that he either had or had not come to a agreement with USAC with no other details given and thats smart, as they would be BETWEEN HIM AND USAC

I've seen in the last 7 or so years Attendance increase at almost every track Jackslash has covered and I personally haven't ever skipped a race just because I knew he'd have it next morning, In fact I've visited a few new to me tracks because of it.

It also helps me get familiar with drivers not necessarily running my local track much but if I go to another track or if they come here, Im not in the dark as to who JUST A NUMBER #16 with the name BIlly Putterbaugten is? (Sorry Billy)

I can also watch a race I attended and relive what happened, learn more about a driver or get familiar with driver/car combos of a team that was mentioned, along with their sponsors but forgot as I don't know them very well.

There are several drivers I know a lot more from Web media than actual seeing them race, Id not know anything about Brady Bacon, Kyle Larson, Whitt and many others without the interviews and backgrounds it's given

Other than Victory Lane interviews, How many chances do people really get to see anything but a car with a name on it? Not many tracks are doing very many DRIVER Interviews during the nights programs. They'd rather play loud new wave music that only the 12-22yr old generation can enjoy.

So thanks Slash, D.O. and the General and a few others who do the work you do. Thanks to the tracks for allowing it. I think it'd be in every tracks best interest to ask for one show as Free View so I could post it on Twitter/Facebook etc so all my friends have the opportunity to see what their missing both at the track and on Jackslash.

Best 12-25 bucks I've spent, Every live race I've been too

Best 59 bucks I've ever spent for media entertainment. JACKSLASH.com

4 members like this post: jim goerge, mowerman, Quick Change, UberKuhlMan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Why can't USAC do live Sprint races on TV