IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Team 6R Racing to Cease Operations
11/14/12, 3:13 PM   #31
Re: Team 6R Racing to Cease Operations
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelKT View Post
Looks like BK is folding up too per Twitter. Looks a little worse with each passing day...

‏@bud_kaeding:
Follow up on a tweet last week . We are shutting down our team in Indianapolis due to lack of sponsorship and uncertainty of silvercrown
I fear Silver Crown is like that old friend we lost contact with over the years. We keep saying I'm going over to visit next week but next week never comes.

Then they go and die on us and that last visit we don't get to say the things to them we wanted to say, we just stand around with the rest of our old friends and talk about the good old days never to come again.

Honest Dad himself

11/14/12, 3:14 PM   #32
sc96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
You got the first three letters correct... Just ask my friends.
You have friends as in more than one!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

11/14/12, 3:20 PM   #33
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc96 View Post
You have friends as in more than one!!!

Posted via Mobile Device
How about this... I consider them friends. Whether or not they think I'm they're friend is something I cannot control.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: racephoto1, sc96
11/14/12, 7:03 PM   #34
racephoto1

Mr.Gardner, I must say your humor has been very enjoyable on this topic.Fun to someone with a great sense of humor.

As for the topic at hand, I fear we may have a bloodbath on our hands here in the midwest. I truly fear that these announcements are just the tip of the iceburg. It's going to be a long hard winter for a lot of people.

11/14/12, 8:16 PM   #35
K-Dawg30

It's ironic that the team that was doing all the testing, defending, and pushing of the ethanol fuel on everyone that didnt want it, is the first team to bail when USAC quits mandating it. Interesting for sure...

Hate to see a team that can bring 3-4 cars to each race quit racing.
Last edited by K-Dawg30; 11/14/12 at 8:30 PM. Reason: Spelling

2 members like this post: dirtflinger, Infinity Shocks
11/14/12, 11:19 PM   #36
ossuks

Sad looking future, but with KM calling the shots at USAC I'm not the least bit surprised. When money is your passion and not racing .....well things are heading down hill. Wont be long before the money leaves town and USAC is but a memory.

3 members like this post: K-Dawg30, mowerman, racephoto1
11/14/12, 11:38 PM   #37
K-Dawg30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
Sad looking future, but with KM calling the shots at USAC I'm not the least bit surprised. When money is your passion and not racing .....well things are heading down hill. Wont be long before the money leaves town and USAC is but a memory.
Yeah unfortunately I think the damage was done when they allowed the fuel change. POWRi looks like they are doing a WHAIL of a job with the midgets for next year. Maybe someday they will take control. Kenny likes to make money, dont get me wrong, but he uses his brain a little bit.

11/14/12, 11:54 PM   #38
dirtflinger

I hate say there is a reason for all of this but in my opinion I'd have to say it has to be the way they went about the fuel debacle. They switched to ethanol and all these teams spent a lot of money on R&D, converting their equipment, and going through equipment (engines, fuel cells, etc.) just for USAC to tell them they could go back to methanol in 2013. It probably p1ssed some team owners off to the point that they got fed up with the BS and left and I don't blame them. I hate to say it but I think USAC would have been better off sticking with ethanol for 2013. All these teams spending all this money for one year. I mean lets be honest racing isn't cheap to begin with and now you're throwing this in the mix I don't blame them for shutting their doors. 6R, Kaeding, Hines, and the next big teams to come will certainly be missed. USAC needs some help and fast.

Posted via Mobile Device

11/15/12, 7:40 AM   #39
mr nobody
Banned

Well, it's not like I am surprised the dominos are starting to fall. I rooted against 6r because they were a Toyota team (huge Chevy fan here) but I hate to see them close up and quit racing.

The fat lady is taking the stage, how many will be around to hear her solo?
Last edited by mr nobody; 11/15/12 at 8:10 AM.

11/15/12, 8:43 AM   #40
midget96

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg30 View Post
It's ironic that the team that was doing all the testing, defending, and pushing of the ethanol fuel on everyone that didnt want it, is the first team to bail when USAC quits mandating it. Interesting for sure...

Hate to see a team that can bring 3-4 cars to each race quit racing.
I personally think the use of the word "bail" is VERY disrespectful to Team 6R. This team has given more to the SC cars than anyone or team I know. This decision to stop racing was very hard one to make !

4 members like this post: Danny Burton, IndyBound, interpreter66, racephoto1
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Team 6R Racing to Cease Operations