IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Favorite track
8/30/11, 1:06 AM   #31
Re: Favorite track
johnnythunderhead

the burg!!!!! 3/8 is the perfect size for a sprint car track and the wide high banks allow for racing on the top the bottom and as many lanes in between as one dare go for!

8/30/11, 11:40 AM   #32
i love dirt track racing

i love the burg. but just wish that they would have more big time racing schedule than they do. i like to go where the big money events are and i think the burg has the place to hold more big events. after seeing the crould at woo at bloomington just do not understand why that place can not get big time events.

8/30/11, 4:03 PM   #33
treecitytornado

1. "The Burg"
2. Twin Cities Raceway Park
3. Shady Hill Speedway- bring back Sprints
4. I miss Kamp Motor Speedway
5. Bloomington
6. Montpelier,fun to race in a Sprint
7. Lincoln Park
8. Paragon
9. Ripley County Speedway-Osgood
10. Terre Haute
11. Union County Speedway
I am undecided where I would rank Haubstadt and the New Kokomo since I haven't raced on either track. Watched many races at the old Kokomo and run a T.Q. Midget there in 98 and have also watched several shows at Haubstadt but never ran a Sprinter there all these years. Hope to change that and run both before the 2011 season is complete.
Posted via Mobile Device

8/30/11, 4:23 PM   #34
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

How Id rank NW dirt tracks in and around IND.

THAT. Honestly the only track about all balls there is. Seen cars come from deep to win or finish top five.

Burg. Only five groove track I know of. Heavy or slick its always fast.

Kokomo. almost always two or three grooves have seen some of the best racing there but I've seen a couple duds as well.

Kamp. Yeah, dusty old camp and its three wide racing!

Tri State.. If its not hammer down top condition. Its a fluke. However in my two visits I've yet to see good battles for the lead and Im sure thats just lack of visitation.

LPS. Love the stands and sometimes the racing is great. Sometimes not.

Bloomington and only when its two grooves heavy cushion which don't happen with tin tops on the card.

Eldora. Don't care what anyone says. Watching a sprintter bounce the tire off the wall at 140mph is thrilling and a slider there is breathtaking.

Twin Cities. Just different. One banked wide turn and on narrow semi flat one.

Waynesfield. Pretty much owned by one team. So I can't comment to much about it.

Gas City. Love the people running it, the food, Dislike about everything else about it including the racing.

8/30/11, 9:37 PM   #35
LocalYokel

In Indiana my favorite has the be either Paragon or Putnamville. Probably just because I've been to them alot more than any of the other Indiana tracks. While these two are my favorites, most people would violently disagree. Haha...
I realize you didn't ask, but my all time favorite track is in California 100 yards from the ocean... Ventura!
Posted via Mobile Device

8/30/11, 9:50 PM   #36
Eric C

Pavement

Mt. Lawn Speedway in New Castle and Kil-Kare in Xenia Ohio, they are two of the strangest configurations but are truly drivers tracks.

Eric Cottongim

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Favorite track