IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > cottle leaves edison for walker
6/30/11, 12:23 PM   #31
opendirt63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
The article said that they were planning on going to Lawrenceburg on Saturday night. I hope not, da Burg isn't running this weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device

6/30/11, 2:07 PM   #32
Re: cottle leaves edison for walker
Dirt Man Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelKT View Post
The Fox Bros will be running the #56 at THAT Sunday so getting that ready is probably another reason as well.

The whole #53 team are pretty level headed people so I don't see a change. They are still getting top 5's, just not the normal win total. I'd be really surprised if a change is made by anybody (anything can happen in this sport though). I don't see them forgetting about 4-5 years of good for a 1/2 season of not as good.
I agree with you completely. Their "1/2 season of not as good" at this time has them second in USAC points their first season of hitting all USAC shows. This is the week before going into Sprint Week that they won last year. They also may have won KISS Championship were it not for the bonzi move by Windom at Paragon that put he and 53 on the tail.

I would imagine most teams wish they were having this struggle.

3 members like this post: Geoff Kaiser, Mud Packer, spicoli
6/30/11, 4:23 PM   #33
Speedracer

confirmed on Jon Stanbrough fan page on facebook. Gas city friday in 10, Putnumville saturday, and 37 at The action track. Might try to make it to Kokomo if time.
Posted via Mobile Device

6/30/11, 4:30 PM   #34
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

This discussion takes me back to the good old days, when car owners were as independent as the drivers, and teams broke up on a weekly basis. One of the sadder changes in the sport is that there are so few real independent car owners any more. It seems like most cars are either owner/drivers or all-family affairs. As a result, we don't see this kind of conversation.

7/1/11, 1:43 PM   #35
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
I'd like to see them bring back AJ Anderson
YES, a great guy! Always rooted for him in that car.

7/1/11, 3:01 PM   #36
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Not badmouthing the compitition by any means but USAC is 18-20 cars of champions, feature winners. Every race at every track. Heck I've seen consis filled with past champions and even current ones.

Several drivers have gone whole careers with none of single digit wins in USAC and its quite the accomplishment.

Jon is probably the most consistant front runner. Barring any big problems. The USAC National Championship is not a possibility. Its reality.

Go Foxco and Jon

2 members like this post: K9Racer
7/4/11, 12:16 AM   #37
c47

look close at the wins jon has had slip away this year.....new egypt, lincoln and a few local IN. shows.
its not like the driver, crew and car are not doing their job.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > cottle leaves edison for walker