IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ok bozo!!!!!!!
7/23/09, 3:10 PM   #31
Re: Ok bozo!!!!!!!
Brolzy

I haven't been to the new 'Burg yet, but could you add temporary stands anywhere for a big show? Like the ones that used to travel between Nazareth Speedway and a few other places, or like are used on street circuits?

7/23/09, 4:51 PM   #32
ShaneMugavin57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brolzy View Post
I haven't been to the new 'Burg yet, but could you add temporary stands anywhere for a big show? Like the ones that used to travel between Nazareth Speedway and a few other places, or like are used on street circuits?
lol I don't think you will ever need more seats unless you run a Nascar race there. If you did ever fill all the seats you would run into 35 other problems like traffic, parking, restrooms and where Dave would go to retire with all the money.

7/23/09, 5:18 PM   #33
Tripcrwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelKT View Post
Format: Three prelim days that lead up to the final fourth day. Each prelim day is a total and complete show. Any time you are on the track, you are earning points. All earned points set the lineups for Saturday. So if you get the poll, you earned it by pointing more than anybody else.

I looked up the purse. Total 4 day purse is $912,805. The winner gets $150,000. Like I said before, that would OBVIOUSLY be the hardest part to put together. It wouldn’t have to be THAT large of a purse. There aren’t very many facilities that can handle an event like that. Lawrenceburg is one of them because of seating and general room. That’s all I was saying. A multi-day event leading up to the main event would be great. Doesn’t have to be quite on the same level, days or purse wise. When the topic was brought up about bigger events, I brought it up. I’ve always thought the non-wing guys deserve an event like this too. You’re doing a great job with getting bigger events so not complaining, just wishing.

Come on Dave, if anybody can raise a million it’s you.
I like your suggestion and if the promoter maybe followed the lead of past Oval Nationals @ Perris or this year's revival of the Pacific Coast Nationals @ Tulare sometime during the summer months next year, I am sure, IMO it would be a hit. Both of course are out here on the left coast, but usually bring out the sprint car fans. USAC of course and not the high priced wingers of WoO. Never been to Lawrenceburg, but it will be my first stop in Indiana.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ok bozo!!!!!!!