IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > how true is this
7/20/10, 9:18 AM   #31
Re: how true is this
REH24

Didn't ASCT have problems when they ran at North Vernon about payouts? Maybe they should stay away from track with the name of Vernon in them. Seems like problems always follow this groupe, hope they get their act together for the betterment of racing.

REH

7/20/10, 10:49 AM   #32
D.O.

Roundhouse or Stapphouse either one would be a good show.

7/20/10, 10:57 AM   #33
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

ASCT. The drama with this series is such a bright spot for all of racing. Every week seems to present a new adventure. It's about as ugly as a hooker with a fat lip and a black eye.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

7/20/10, 11:21 AM   #34
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
ASCT. The drama with this series is such a bright spot for all of racing. Every week seems to present a new adventure. It's about as ugly as a hooker with a fat lip and a black eye.
She must have asked for cash also

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/20/10, 12:17 PM   #35
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleHead View Post
(grabs a chair, tub of popcorn with butter and watches the show)
Posted via Mobile Device
Heck, I went to a fight and a sprintcar race broke out!

7/20/10, 12:34 PM   #36
illinisprintfan

I know the ASCT has had some shakey moments, some of them self inflicted, but I don't think what happened at Mt. Vernon is unique to them and shouldn't be laid completely at their feet. Every new sanctioning body starts out with little or no cred, and are somewhat at the mercy of the track/ promotor. It is compounded by the fact that they are racing at alot of established tracks that don't normally run sprints, and know that the ASCT needs the tracks more than the tracks need the ASCT. If they can get established, I think alot of this will go away.

2 members like this post: spicoli
7/20/10, 2:15 PM   #37
sprintsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinisprintfan View Post
I know the ASCT has had some shakey moments, some of them self inflicted, but I don't think what happened at Mt. Vernon is unique to them and shouldn't be laid completely at their feet. Every new sanctioning body starts out with little or no cred, and are somewhat at the mercy of the track/ promotor. It is compounded by the fact that they are racing at alot of established tracks that don't normally run sprints, and know that the ASCT needs the tracks more than the tracks need the ASCT. If they can get established, I think alot of this will go away.

Absolutely true.....and with all of this wonderful support of their fellow racers...yah right. For a family oriented, "brotherhood" type of sport...you would think people would be supportive with the love for racing we all have....not a gang war, and a bash-a-thon as soon as someone says ASCT...but this doesn't surprise me...keep on hating.

1 member likes this post:
7/20/10, 2:18 PM   #38
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Some might have legitimate complaints. I went to a ASCT race that never got completed thru no fault of their own. I don't fault them for that.

Those racing or having been, If you got a legit complaint I can see it.

That being said, I also see a ton of bashing from the sidelines. Whats wrong with racers wanting to put on a show?????? Anywhere? Anytime?

They could leave the car parked like several the teams now racing have been known to do.

7/20/10, 2:46 PM   #39
axsom#11

I think the promoter and son won the tag team match

7/20/10, 3:44 PM   #40
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Someone needs to start bringing a steel cage to the track.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > how true is this