IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > High Limit, Who’s In!
8/2/23, 2:37 PM   #31
DirtTrackTherapy16J

I felt it was a great race...very racey. Decent amount of cars. Very very well run efficient show. HL staff all but made their scheduled end time. May have been 9:05-9:10pm when the checkered flew.

A few kool things that happened. A chopper landed in the infield, said to be IMS. JP set a new track record qualifying. No serious crashes. The scoreboard is working. Kyle Larson signed one of my business hats.

Crowd was definitely not as big as the XRS Late Model show, Fireworks show, or Sprint Week, yet still a good number for attendance. Some people were not very happy that the Thunder Cars was taken off the race schedule for last night bc it was advertised that they were going to be a support class when advanced tickets were offered and purchased. Also in my opinion the race was not worth $40 when Sprint Week was only $30 and XRS Late Model show was only $25.

All in all, very good show. Congratulations Justin Peck on a new track record and winning the Feature!!

3 members like this post: Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
8/2/23, 3:21 PM   #32
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post
I felt it was a great race...very racey. Decent amount of cars. Very very well run efficient show. HL staff all but made their scheduled end time. May have been 9:05-9:10pm when the checkered flew.

A few kool things that happened. A chopper landed in the infield, said to be IMS. JP set a new track record qualifying. No serious crashes. The scoreboard is working. Kyle Larson signed one of my business hats.

Crowd was definitely not as big as the XRS Late Model show, Fireworks show, or Sprint Week, yet still a good number for attendance. Some people were not very happy that the Thunder Cars was taken off the race schedule for last night bc it was advertised that they were going to be a support class when advanced tickets were offered and purchased. Also in my opinion the race was not worth $40 when Sprint Week was only $30 and XRS Late Model show was only $25.

All in all, very good show. Congratulations Justin Peck on a new track record and winning the Feature!!
I gotta ask,based on one of your earlier posts,trash pickup was a concern,was it done satisfactory last night?
If it wasn't worth $40.00,why did you bother to go,asking for a friend.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

8/2/23, 3:48 PM   #33
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
I gotta ask,based on one of your earlier posts,trash pickup was a concern,was it done satisfactory last night?
If it wasn't worth $40.00,why did you bother to go,asking for a friend.
Why did I go and why did I pay $40...outside of it's none of your business or your imaginary friend that your making up to sound kool...I support as many tracks as I can, as often as I can, that's what I do. It's my hometown, it's my home track, the owners and promoters are my friends, and they support my business.

Furthermore I've never seen high limit in person so I didnt know how it would go. Will I pay that or travel to watch High Limit again, no. If they come back to Kokomo and I'm able to go to the race, then yes I will go back if nothing else to support my friends and their business and my hometown and hometown track.

I wasn't gonna waste my time responding to your ignorance of the trash until I reread what you said...so now I'm defending my friends and people who are employed at the track...no post I ever made said trash pickup was unsatisfactory...it simply said out of respect, please put your trash in bags if your camping or inside the gate please put it in the trash cans provided or near the trash cans at the least. Simply out of respect and it goes for all tracks, not just Kokomo. At your age I would think you would appreciate respect but maybe you have none.
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 8/2/23 at 5:06 PM.

2 members like this post: dkdorkboy, The Old Coyote
8/2/23, 5:14 PM   #34
Re: High Limit, Who’s In!
Rpracing1

I think someone got another Day Pass.................

3 members like this post: OnTheHammer, racenut69, tirespinner
8/2/23, 6:44 PM   #35
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post

A few kool things that happened. A chopper landed in the infield, said to be IMS.......
https://twitter.com/jdouglas4/status...851790336?s=20

A good follow on Twitter.

1 member likes this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J
8/2/23, 7:09 PM   #36
openwheelfan1

Props to Doug Boles for once again supporting short track/dirt track racing.

8/2/23, 7:14 PM   #37
Aurora78

First heat race started at 7:25 and feature done by 9. That 4 heats, B-main, dash, and A main in 1 hour and 35 minutes. I'll take that every night.

8/3/23, 5:36 AM   #38
Hubie48

Lets not kid ourselves, while Boles is no doubt a true short track fan the main reason for his "appearance" was to plug his tracks upcoming events. The tie in with Kyle Larson is huge, and here again Larson is THE HUGE DRAW for the High Limit Series.

Rico Abreu is also a draw, he has the winged sprint car crowd in the palm of his hand. He is also on a real good stretch right now as far as winning goes.

The principle High Limit guys are not dumb. There was an almost NASCAR fever to the event. The fans are really passionate about their drivers. Lots of parents brought their children. I saw more kids and young adults than any of the Sprint Week shows. The fans were five deep buying from Larson's trailer, three deep at Rico's.

The Circus was in town!

4 members like this post: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART, tirespinner
8/3/23, 7:46 AM   #39
ThrowbackRacingTeam

When the only good event is the A-main I don’t consider it a good show. That’s winged racing. Every night of USAC sprint week was better.

4 members like this post: erich45, Hubie48, John P Huss, The Old Coyote
8/3/23, 8:57 AM   #40
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

All these guys saying I wish Larson would stay home so we could make some $$ should consider the T shirt sales are probably thrice a normal WoO show. I also doubt they have to be a Gold member just to have a T shirt trailer.

Yes Boles is promoting BC39 but that helicopter ride alone ate up a couple hundred admissions., Needless to say, It was cool. Take off the millionaire suit, put on a racing shirt and enjoy a beer and racing. The opposite of the impression I got of Indy back in the 90s.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/3/23 at 8:58 AM.

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > High Limit, Who’s In!