IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Aug. 18th - Lawrenceburg Speedway - Dick Gaines Memorial
8/18/18, 9:45 PM   #31
7horse
Banned

Way to go Robert!

8/18/18, 10:11 PM   #32
Re: Aug. 18th - Lawrenceburg Speedway - Dick Gaines Memorial
HoosierMikey

Thanks for the updates Gregg.

3 members like this post: davidm, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
8/18/18, 11:23 PM   #33
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by minispeed View Post
Also the only driver not to be interviewed after the race!!! Lol
Is this true? Why wouldn’t they interview him. Was this a mistake or intentional? Maybe Chuck has all of the info for us. He should be able to spin this in a pro Lawrenceburg way whether intentional or not. Please someone explain what happened. Surely they still can’t be sore about the comments made about the track for ISW, or could they?

4 members like this post: 7horse, Charles Nungester, jim goerge, tirespinner
8/18/18, 11:40 PM   #34
Wingman

Wow is all you say. Ballou by maybe a wheel. This is after he hit the wall in hot laps or group qualifying can't remember. Andretti and Bilbee getting through traffic good stuff. Heats were not much. Feature worth the price of admission.

5 members like this post: 7horse, Charles Nungester, mc/rider, oppweld, tirespinner
8/19/18, 12:33 AM   #35
Sandy Lowe

We didn’t do any victory lane interviews tonight in any of the classes. The infield was way too soft and muddy to easily get to victory lane from the grandstands.

8/19/18, 12:45 AM   #36
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

It's people making comments they know nothing about that hurt racing. (Or just being sarcastic making jabs)

No driver was interviewed after the feature due to water and muck three to four inches deep between the track and victory lane, so the announcer couldn't get to the victory lane between races.
u
I have stated before that I didn't like Ballou bashing tracks and promoters much. But I would have like to hear his victory interview, He drove his A$$ off and got that win off the last corner of he last lap by Andretti. It really was nearly a photo finish. Bilbee jumped out into he lead early and dickie gaines got up into second and was actually catching Bilbee at times. about lap ten it was as if Andretti found overdrive and picked em both off and was just smoking fast. Until he lap 22 caution. Traffic played heavy, Dickie first bounced on the cushion, then got ping ponged between lappers and cars he was racing and miraculously held on for fifth. Ballou had worked hiself up from sixth to second and that restart put him in striking distance. Ballou tried a couple lines staying close and instead of a slide job entering three on the last lap, He put it inches from the wall, put his foot to the floor and just power moved past Andretti at the line on the outside. Garrett Abrams under yellow appeared to have a problem as I could hear cacklling out of the motor. He restarted fourth and apparently it wasn't internal as he grabbed third in the last two laps.

Congrats Robert Ballou.

Now, Our club had our annual Luau which turned out great as always and about four oclock a pretty heavy shower hit for about 15-20 minutes, Longer than it looked like it would last and after 6+ inches of rain since weds. I kinda had my doubts, But it stopped and the actual start of racing was only delayed about a half hour You could telll he had to grade off the bottom and probably took about a hour to get the track run in. But thanks to Dave Rudisell and Crew, It'd been easy to pull the plug, Even without the afternoon downpour. I pulled back in the back lot and had to walk thru a couple inches of water in the parking lot.

Great Job. Track had some spots off and on but was racy and fast and not a speck of dust all night.

The Mod feature was also a thing of beauty with Stricker runnng rears in the fluff inches from the wall and last race winner Kyle Schornick working the middle and running him down to about a half a car behind stricker at the finish.

Left after the Mods. I believe there were about 23-24 sprints total and about the same in Mods I honestly thought it was a well rounded show and I sat and chatted till the last fan left and that was 11:15 a full half hour after all the classes had finished. Home at 12:02

Thanks everyone, the track, my club, the racers, the track crew etc. Great night! Good crowd!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/19/18 at 1:27 AM.

8/19/18, 10:30 AM   #37
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Charles, seen you in the chow line bUT missed you at the races. You changed seats

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
8/19/18, 11:20 AM   #38
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Yeah, sat down under the camera stand as we didn't go in till late and have a very weak member of the family who's doing much better everyday. But just above the fence line was high enough.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, mc/rider
8/19/18, 12:45 PM   #39
7horse
Banned

Lmao

8/19/18, 12:46 PM   #40
7horse
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Is this true? Why wouldn’t they interview him. Was this a mistake or intentional? Maybe Chuck has all of the info for us. He should be able to spin this in a pro Lawrenceburg way whether intentional or not. Please someone explain what happened. Surely they still can’t be sore about the comments made about the track for ISW, or could they?
Lmao

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Aug. 18th - Lawrenceburg Speedway - Dick Gaines Memorial