IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana Midget Week feed?
6/10/15, 12:19 PM   #21
KJHolley

The Indiana track promoters and owners are so ass backwards on this pay per view live stream issue its not even funny...

If someone is going to stay home and pay money to watch a feed rather then go to the races, they weren't serious about going anyway.

What's comical to me is that what about all the other race fans in other states that would love to watch the great racing you have in Indiana, but can't because having a live feed will "hurt the gate." Thankfully we have a service like Sean Buckley's JackSlash website that allows me to watch the racing that goes on in Indy.

I wish the owners/promoters would realize that if you have life streams in generates a social media buzz for your track and the race. That's what promoting should be about, generating a buzz. Just a shame this isn't realized by the powers that be.

If you want an example, the first night of the POWRi midget week at Quincy was offered for 14.95 I believe, (and actually shown for free after technical difficulties) track was still packed with race fans. And all of us from other states had the capability to watch and then Tweet/Facebook, Etc and talk about the race.

6/10/15, 12:33 PM   #22
Re: Indiana Midget Week feed?
cws9

Perris Auto Speedway in California used to do PPV on all their weekly shows. They had a 100 mile blackout for those buying the feed based off their zip code associated with the credit card. I watched almost every weekend available from Missouri. I'm not sure where the money went but I assume the promotor got a piece of the action. Sure wish more tracks and series would embrace technology and make a buck off of it. The future is now.

1 member likes this post: NEMA88
6/10/15, 12:37 PM   #23
Sandy Lowe

Doesn't USAC have a place where you can subscribe and watch all of their races (albeit on a tape delay)?

It seems like every time they have their races live all I read here is that it sucked, didn't work, waste of my money, etc. Maybe at this time they would rather offer a service that they know works.

It has got to be easier offering a live stream at at the same track week after week than a different track every night where you have to pack up your equipment after the race, haul it to the next track, set it up, test it, shoot/stream it, pack it up & do it all over again.

But what do I know, I don't pay to get into the races either.

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
6/10/15, 1:29 PM   #24
wcbrock02

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Lowe View Post
Doesn't USAC have a place where you can subscribe and watch all of their races (albeit on a tape delay)?

It seems like every time they have their races live all I read here is that it sucked, didn't work, waste of my money, etc. Maybe at this time they would rather offer a service that they know works.

It has got to be easier offering a live stream at at the same track week after week than a different track every night where you have to pack up your equipment after the race, haul it to the next track, set it up, test it, shoot/stream it, pack it up & do it all over again.

But what do I know, I don't pay to get into the races either.
Loudpedal.tv .... It's is a awesome service if you love non-wing USAC racing.

6/10/15, 2:06 PM   #25
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Heres the answer point blank and don't get me wrong. I love USAC's format and racing period.

IMHO USAC is quite content to stay in their own little world with three people making any real money and never growing it beyond the little notch it still holds onto that was carved out long ago by people no longer there.

Powri/WoO/NSL. Next day they either have a big huge neat highlight video if not the complete race on the web and several media/marketing services also showing the action. Live timing, scoring and sometimes audio are offered free on thier sites or through a media service like Dirtvision NIGHT OF THE RACE.

It's three days later and I think I seen one highlight on the three eastern storm shows.

USAC had teams and sponsorhips coming to it between 99-2008. What happened? They're all gone, Two or three teams that often had two or more cars in multiple divisions are gone. Free streaming of some shows. GONE!

WTH? if they could find a way to split a streams revinue its still like a promoter selling a chicken basket and drink they'd of never gotten. USAC would still get its sponsors names and drivers mentioned to people not attending etc.

I just don't get it. Of course Im not the one knocking on doors etc to make things happen. As I said on the Eastern Storm thread. It's all difficult. Trying to get tracks to run their non regular night etc. I get that. Just sometimes it seems nothing is getting done and as long as the bank account is in the black. Nothing will be.

I know one thing, If you can't grow it and get some $$ in the racers and teams pocket. There won't be anything left soon. Those 20grand travel weeks don't pay for themselves unless your Robert Ballou

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
6/10/15, 4:05 PM   #26
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Heres the answer point blank and don't get me wrong. I love USAC's format and racing period.

IMHO USAC is quite content to stay in their own little world with three people making any real money and never growing it beyond the little notch it still holds onto that was carved out long ago by people no longer there.

Powri/WoO/NSL. Next day they either have a big huge neat highlight video if not the complete race on the web and several media/marketing services also showing the action. Live timing, scoring and sometimes audio are offered free on thier sites or through a media service like Dirtvision NIGHT OF THE RACE.

It's three days later and I think I seen one highlight on the three eastern storm shows.

USAC had teams and sponsorhips coming to it between 99-2008. What happened? They're all gone, Two or three teams that often had two or more cars in multiple divisions are gone. Free streaming of some shows. GONE!

WTH? if they could find a way to split a streams revinue its still like a promoter selling a chicken basket and drink they'd of never gotten. USAC would still get its sponsors names and drivers mentioned to people not attending etc.

I just don't get it. Of course Im not the one knocking on doors etc to make things happen. As I said on the Eastern Storm thread. It's all difficult. Trying to get tracks to run their non regular night etc. I get that. Just sometimes it seems nothing is getting done and as long as the bank account is in the black. Nothing will be.

I know one thing, If you can't grow it and get some $$ in the racers and teams pocket. There won't be anything left soon. Those 20grand travel weeks don't pay for themselves unless your Robert Ballou
To cover the USAC media point for the last couple of years in mills time and now loudpedal I think pretty much every race has been up the next day and they usually release a highlight reel also. Loudpedal.TV is $10 a month and well worth it if you ask me, get to see the top 3 qualifying runs, all the heats, the b and the feature. You can't really beat that for every national USAC race.

6/10/15, 4:41 PM   #27
KJHolley

This isn't a USAC issue, it's an Indiana track/promoters issue... USAC had all the winter/Florida races streamed... So like I said, USAC is not the issue!

6/10/15, 5:37 PM   #28
kylezero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideopen24 View Post
Personally my sponsors don't come to our races becuase they live on the other side of the country. Many of my followers and fans only come to one or 2 a year but still support my sponsors and my team. Social media like Periscope is huge to help them feel like they are part of the action they help fund. There are many causes and effects to any action Chris. Narrow minded people will be the death of it.

Here is something to think about.... How many of those races are you paying to get into? How many races do you pay to see in a season? How many "media" members will be at IMW on a free credential yet make a profit? How many photographers ask permission to take photos of the cars that they sell for profit? Where are our royalties from the sales? Why do I have to pay to sell my merchandise when they get in for free? Etc etc...

Best comment I have read in a while....
I can't make it to most of imw due to my work schedule. I'm going to try to watch any feed I can find rather it be periscope, a tracks feed, or a USAC feed. If they want to charge for a good feed I'll pay for it. If they think people will stay home they are crazy. I sure would think getting an extra 20-30 dollars for everyone in the country that can't make it to the races would be better than nothing at all... Maybe I'm wrong.

1 member likes this post: KJHolley
6/10/15, 7:04 PM   #29
billw

usac and the tracks are not making any $ off me for midget week this year but if it were offered as a live stream theyd be getting $100 ($20/night) and im sure im not the only one stuck in wing country that would purchase a night or 2

3 members like this post: CTtoPA, i love dirt track racing, KJHolley
6/10/15, 7:16 PM   #30
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

The race monitor app has audio stream of the race. Should I be kicked out of my house for listening to it instead of going to the race? Trust me, hearing a bunch of "noise" is hardly replacement for being there.

3 members like this post: 2fast4u, KJHolley, luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana Midget Week feed?