IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > usac nat midgets
1/7/15, 11:56 PM   #21
Re: usac nat midgets
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

LPS's Midget week dates is on, so they're panning on at least having that.

1 member likes this post: cwfan08
1/8/15, 12:01 AM   #22
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
LPS's Midget week dates is on, so they're panning on at least having that.
Bloomington also has it on their Schedule the following night after LPS.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, cwfan08
1/8/15, 2:55 AM   #23
wolfpack58

davidm I saw it on twitter courtesy of @livedirtupdates.Also on Facebook at Pennslyvania sprint car photos.
Last edited by wolfpack58; 1/8/15 at 3:33 AM.

1/8/15, 3:02 AM   #24
staggs6487

ok I came up with a theory. a lot of you might think this is crazy. here it is. combine races. say for instance the action track. if you have sprints racing maybe bring in the silver crown cars for a fifty lapper or the midgets. start combining more races. like for instance during midget week the local tracks host sprint cars! BAM right there involve sprint week. I believe if usac would do that it will draw more sponsors more teams which means more cars and some damn good racing. now the tire issue I have to say make it an open tire. run what you bring just like they did back in the day. I understand that hoosier tire has been around for many many years, but its time for a change. I hate to say but usac is dying. I believe if a lot of the race teams got together and set down with usac and bring back pavement racing, the series can rebuild its self. its obvious they have a few bugs to work out. but only time will tell. I know a lot of people don't care much for the pavement racing and that's your choice but it has been a part of the series since I can remember. I have grown up watching races at orp Anderson mt lawn salem Winchester. its also good racing too. so I think usac needs to sit down with the drivers and owners and see what type of plans they can come up with to rebuild the three divisions.

1/8/15, 11:23 AM   #25
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

Obviously I haven't been around the sport a long time..but even when Gas City got their first Usac race..the local support was amazing..had around 42 cars for that..then the next year had an Indiana Sprint week race and there was around 55-60 cars with weather around all day. The locals used to show up in droves when usac came into the local tracks..thats just not there anymore. Sure you still get a handful or so of locals but Usac needs to find out how to get cars back. Still going to the shows you know the racing is going to be awesome..but the midget shows you don't get a stellar car count unless its co sanctioned with Powri, or its midget week.

Tk

1/8/15, 1:01 PM   #26
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Midget wars 2015
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

1 member likes this post: cwfan08
1/8/15, 1:45 PM   #27
Nate

I'd like to see USAC work with POWRi or vice versa in order to get an event(s) together like the Kokomo Grand Prix last year. They had something like 45 cars both nights at Kokomo which was more than any one night of Indiana Midget Week. That would help get more fans out to see them, more attention to the track(s) and midget racing as a whole.

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, dirtball, koolaid89
1/8/15, 2:21 PM   #28
DAD

Didn't they use some sort of rivalry deal at the Hoosier Dome to get the crowd to be enthused and to get them to brave that usually God forbidding cold weather to watch a race? You could freeze to death walking from your parking spot to the Dome. Nothing like a rivalry between drivers or teams to add to the hype when advertising a race.

Seems to me like one year "Old Smoke" was supposed to parachute out of an airplane and land in the infield to race.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/8/15 at 2:27 PM.

1 member likes this post: Copperhead
1/8/15, 4:14 PM   #29
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Didn't they use some sort of rivalry deal at the Hoosier Dome to get the crowd to be enthused and to get them to brave that usually God forbidding cold weather to watch a race? You could freeze to death walking from your parking spot to the Dome. Nothing like a rivalry between drivers or teams to add to the hype when advertising a race.

Seems to me like one year "Old Smoke" was supposed to parachute out of an airplane and land in the infield to race.

Honest Dad himself
They had Team USA vs Team Indiana in the Hoosier Dome. Twelve cars represented each team.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
1/8/15, 5:06 PM   #30
Lincoln Chapple

Isaac's INDIANA tribute car for CB.

Check it out on Twitter@isaacchapple52 and Facebook, Isaac Chapple Racing.
Attached Images
image.jpg (912.3 KB, 110 views)

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > usac nat midgets