IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora WoO
5/4/14, 4:23 PM   #21
Re: Eldora WoO
johnnythunderhead
Banned

well as much as I complain about the track surface, Eldora is a 1 of a kind, and I will continue to support non-wing sprint car racing, and even occasional wing-ed sprint car racing THERE, BUT WILL NOT STOP BITCHIN BOUT THE TRACK SURFACE TILL SOMETHING IS DONE to improve apon it, and I must agree that just watching sprint cars run the high speed cushion of those hallowed hills is worth the price of admission in itself

5/4/14, 5:25 PM   #22
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Just caught the highlight reel of saturdays race, Looked like a good race.

The last three shows I've been there were fine during the heats and then they scraped off the cushion leaving the sand and dust that was imbedded in it to be blown around . Think if they'd just wheel pack the cushion down instead of taking it off. It would be better.

Last race i seen where dust wasn't a issue was that 50 years of USAC show right in the middle of JULY.

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
5/4/14, 6:07 PM   #23
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Just caught the highlight reel of saturdays race, Looked like a good race.

The last three shows I've been there were fine during the heats and then they scraped off the cushion leaving the sand and dust that was imbedded in it to be blown around . Think if they'd just wheel pack the cushion down instead of taking it off. It would be better.

Last race i seen where dust wasn't a issue was that 50 years of USAC show right in the middle of JULY.
Less tire.less horsepower

5/4/14, 6:10 PM   #24
on_the_edge

Are you saying the nonwing cars ran a smaller tire than the wing cars?

5/4/14, 10:02 PM   #25
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

No,Iwas commenting on the 50 yr comment
Last edited by mc/rider; 5/4/14 at 10:04 PM.

5/4/14, 11:34 PM   #26
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
No,Iwas commenting on the 50 yr comment
Oh alright he's talking about the mid summer USAC race they held there a couple years ago. They should bring that race back. If I remember right a lot of extra money was put forth for passing cars and winning and DD won. Track was 2 grooves and I don't recall much dust which is weird for the middle of July and possibly the year of the drought we had?

5/5/14, 12:14 AM   #27
ThrowbackRacingTeam

To imply that wing cars have more horsepower is ignorant. They used to, but not for atleast the last 10 years or more. The wings are what stir up more dust than non-wing. I too wish they would re-surface Eldora. It has one of the worst surfaces of any dirt track I go to. There are countless crappy little fairgrounds tracks between my place and Eldora that have way better dirt. Honestly, I don't know what is taking them so long to find some good dirt unless there just isn't any around there.

5/5/14, 12:43 AM   #28
johnnythunderhead
Banned

there are countless sources of good rich thick tacky clay throughout the country, some not all that far from the big e/ and I'm not referring to that farm field across the road from the track where tony purchased his "blue clay" a couple years back

5/5/14, 12:49 AM   #29
Hotshoe65s

I think eldora would be pretty awesome if they resurfaced it with some Illinois black clay. It can slick off, but if you put the water to it, it'll stay tacky for a long while. Went to Macon for the Lucas Oil late models last Wednesday and it was the best show I've seen all year.

5/5/14, 1:47 AM   #30
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Well except the fact that the Sprintacular had two classes of wings. The only races I go to are Non Winged at Eldora

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora WoO