IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > north vernon
11/15/12, 6:47 PM   #21
Re: north vernon
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclaridge View Post
Still waitin on Gas City to put some of that money into some new stands !!!

Posted via Mobile Device
They had a new aluminum grand stand bought a few years ago, but the city would not allow them to build it.

11/15/12, 6:54 PM   #22
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
They had a new aluminum grand stand bought a few years ago, but the city would not allow them to build it.
What would the city have to do with it? I do not know the situation there so this is a honest question. I have only made one trip there because of the bleacher situation and my artifical hip they dont work for me.

1 member likes this post: rclaridge
11/15/12, 7:17 PM   #23
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

I do not know the situation with the bleachers but I think the city has a lot of input in the track situation..they seem to work together really well though..But why did a North Vernon thread turn into the bleachers at Gas City thread? Lol

Tyler

1 member likes this post: opnwhlmnd
11/15/12, 7:55 PM   #24
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwfan08 View Post
I do not know the situation with the bleachers but I think the city has a lot of input in the track situation..they seem to work together really well though..But why did a North Vernon thread turn into the bleachers at Gas City thread? Lol

Tyler
I know I didn't even realize it had got that far off topic till after I posted. Sorry to the OP I'll sit back and troll now. lol.

11/16/12, 11:17 AM   #25
kingmod5

Yeah I made one comment about Gas City re-investing money back into the track and away it went.

Any new updates on North Vernon or new pics?

11/16/12, 5:27 PM   #26
barny oldfeller

yep, i'm a yankee orig from n/e ohio, now in the nati, which is good cause i love non wing racing and its much closer now, but yes the 3/8ths are ideal for sprint cars, maybe a 1/3rd'll do though, along with a few 1/2's; and i say ted johnson is dead (rip) as should be the dry slicks!

11/21/12, 1:56 AM   #27
tim kelley

Stopped by North Vernon Speedway today, and was very happily surprised. Promoter has hauled 65 tri-axles of dirt into the track area. They have taken 2 feet off of the corner banking up next to the wall. The track area looked great. Have painted all of the out buildings on the main straight. I was happy to see someone trying to repair all the damage done over years of poor maintence, or no maintance. Keep up the GREAT work. I as a racer, and race fan Thank You for all of your efforts. Happy Thanksgiving ! Tim Kelley

11/21/12, 4:21 PM   #28
kingmod5

Anyone have new pics of the updates? I am excited for 2013.

11/21/12, 4:53 PM   #29
jerseysprintnut

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 17

I laugh at what Kokomo looks like each time I go there but they put on a great show everytime I see it. I even stay to watch the support stuff as they mix it up good there also. Put me on the 3/8 and under club. LOL

Later, JERSEY

11/26/12, 1:04 PM   #30
kingmod5

Any updates?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > north vernon