IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg update and news thread
4/15/12, 12:49 PM   #21
Re: Burg update and news thread
rdzsprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Back in the day gas was like 30cents a gallon. Guess what it isn't back in the day. I still say paying a big purse on a Sunday night, on short notice would require more people than you can draw locally. I think for the promotor it would be risky. Yes a rain date would have been nice, but if I was in the tracks position and it was my money, I wouldn't have done it. I would like to see your notes on Pat O'Conner and Mike Nazaruk though. I bet thats good stuff.
Currently 74 degrees / sunny with a mild breeze and a high predicted 83in southern Indiana. Rain chance at 10%. Gas prices are likely to be the same ,or close, today as they were yesterday. I don't know who is accountable for not re-scheduling a rain date, but they missed a great chance for a race today??? In the 70's the majority of the USAC races I attended were on Sundays.

It's not a 'short notice' if you advertise a rain date up front??? I am close to both of Pat O'Connor's sons, Rob and Jeff , and have close to 100 photos of Pat O'Connor that I would share with other fans if interested? . GREAT man and race car driver as well! Have some great shots of Mike 'Ironman' Nazaruk too. Great drivers for sure!!

4/15/12, 1:58 PM   #22
BrentTFunk

All I was thinking was the 2 people who were riding with me yesterday couldn't have made it today. I am sure they weren't the only ones. Anyway it wasn't mine or your decision. Have a good one.

4/15/12, 3:51 PM   #23
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdzsprint View Post
Currently 74 degrees / sunny with a mild breeze and a high predicted 83in southern Indiana. Rain chance at 10%. Gas prices are likely to be the same ,or close, today as they were yesterday. I don't know who is accountable for not re-scheduling a rain date, but they missed a great chance for a race today??? In the 70's the majority of the USAC races I attended were on Sundays.

It's not a 'short notice' if you advertise a rain date up front??? I am close to both of Pat O'Connor's sons, Rob and Jeff , and have close to 100 photos of Pat O'Connor that I would share with other fans if interested? . GREAT man and race car driver as well! Have some great shots of Mike 'Ironman' Nazaruk too. Great drivers for sure!!
It sounded like a beautiful day to hop in the car and head to Illinois for the rescheduled rainout there.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
4/17/12, 11:59 AM   #24
Z-man

From USAC"postponement of last Saturday’s AMSOIL/USAC National Sprint races at the Lawrenceburg Speedway. USAC and track officials are working to try to reschedule the event for a later date."

1 member likes this post: SPRINTCAR
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg update and news thread