IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > J.W. Hunt
5/12/11, 1:10 PM   #21
Re: J.W. Hunt
HarleyHoney

My Dad, Pat Patrick was lucky enough to have a JW strawberry on many of his cars. JW took care of many with his unselfishness. What an honor it was to included.

5/12/11, 1:38 PM   #22
IndySprintCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyHoney View Post
My Dad, Pat Patrick was lucky enough to have a JW strawberry on many of his cars. JW took care of many with his unselfishness. What an honor it was to included.
I watched your Dad race many, many times at Brownstown. He was always a favorite with me.

1 member likes this post: HarleyHoney
5/12/11, 1:57 PM   #23
smith19

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySprintCar View Post
I watched your Dad race many, many times at Brownstown. He was always a favorite with me.
pat did our cranks for free at don's crankshaft. pat was definatly a friend of the family.

5/12/11, 2:00 PM   #24
micro94

Never had the honor to meet the man but you guys have shared some nice stories about sounds like an extraordinary man.Sure wish I could have had a chance to meet him,sounds like he touched many people's lives.

5/12/11, 3:30 PM   #25
tntbusco

I was in the stands at Eldora and he came walking up the steps to the
announcers booth (before any tunnels) and as he passed by our row,
my seat was on the aisle, he fumbled with something in his pocket and dropped something on the ground and didn't notice. I picked it up and it was two one hundred dollar bills. I chased him up the steps and gave it back to him. He told me if I was that honest I should just be able to keep it. That was a lot of money for a young man like myself and when I finally got to own and drive my own racecars, I always put a JW strawberry on my car. What a fine gentleman. I really miss him being around.

1 member likes this post: mod4s
5/12/11, 6:10 PM   #26
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySprintCar View Post
Now Pat watches the ponies go round the track. He likes to bet the 5 horse!

5/12/11, 7:12 PM   #27
koolaid89

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro94 View Post
Never had the honor to meet the man but you guys have shared some nice stories about sounds like an extraordinary man.Sure wish I could have had a chance to meet him,sounds like he touched many people's lives.
I was thinking exactly the same thing.. That's why I brought it up... Really great to hear the stories, keep them coming guys...

5/12/11, 9:02 PM   #28
4wheelsinthekoosh

I was honored to have Mr. Hunt as a sponsor from my first year in go-carts to my first year in sprintcars. The only reason his help stopped was because he passed on to sponsor the good lords racecars. Mr. Hunt was a family friend and loved by all and that is the reason I will always and proudly dawn a JWH strawberry on the white #16
Posted using Mobile Device

5/13/11, 7:05 AM   #29
smith19

hey sprintcar i had the previlage of seeing larry morrison's scrap book and you would not believe all the features pat patrick won. i guess that is why he is in the hall of fame. the #5 was on a roll.....

5/13/11, 7:37 AM   #30
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyHoney View Post
I always enjoyed watching your dad race as he was always flat out around the track no matter where. I not only knew him at the race track but also down at the city garage. He always took time out to talk about racing no matter where we would see each other. Now I know where Brett gets his racing blood with both grandfathers being racers.

REH

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > J.W. Hunt