IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Needs to Respond to Eldora Fiasco
4/4/10, 10:26 PM   #21
Re: USAC Needs to Respond to Eldora Fiasco
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Nah DTJ Eldora was concrete in Earls last years, Tony has actually tried to put some dirt on...unfortunately his employees dont have the skill to get it to work correctly. Next time they need to get clay instead of fill dirt and hire someone to do the job for them.
And tonys added more, i'll agree it looked like fill dirt not clay, track prep should have been done

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Tim - it wouldn't have mattered what the hell was on the track friday the track would have SUCKED, it was not ready

4/4/10, 11:25 PM   #22
bigmojo5

The last time USAC put its foot down with Eldora (1978), the World of Outlaws filled the vacuum.

4/4/10, 11:28 PM   #23
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim watson View Post
i agree 100%. I'm tired of hearing about how everybody thinks they should fire the larry and larry show but lay off of larry boos, he doesn't have anything to do with track prep. He busts his butt to do all the behind the scenes work and works 7 days a week. Laying down new clay or dirt in the fall and hoping that come spring time that everything will be cool is not how it works. I love seeing the spring race on the schedule but sometimes i wonder if a non wing race should be the first show of the year? The test and tune was cancelled so basically no laps were turned on the track. Maybe a woo or late model race should be scheduled first to get some laps on the track before the usac guys have at it? Just an opinion on my part so go easy on me when you shred me like a right rear tire on a dry slick track.
tim i have been going to eldora since it become a 7/16 of a mile and race there 1964 to 1987 and a lot of sunday afternoon races! And first races of the year! I have never seen the track as bad as its been in the last 4 years! We have raced in march there and in pa and never was it dusty!!!!!!!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Needs to Respond to Eldora Fiasco