IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > American Racer Press Release 2009
9/25/09, 1:10 PM   #21
Re: American Racer Press Release
SprintLuvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged and non-winged View Post
Not to disreguard anything you have said, but do you know what the prices were before the USAC rule in 07? I do ! I still have the reciepts to prove it. Per Lincoln Park Speedway sales and MSCS sales of 2006 the DT-3 was $142.50 In 2007 the tires went up to $165 dollars at both places and have increased every year since then. I have purchased the same tire at Danville in April for $185 dollars, June it was $188 dollars, and July it was $193 dollars. September I purchased one at MSCS and it was $190. Going back to 2006 that is $47.50 increase. These are my facts! And the tires still suck>>>>
As I stated, I can only speak for Hoosier Tire Midwest but if you walked in our door and purchased a tire in 2006 the Retail price was $163.93. That becomes a difference between now and then of $19.39. In 2005 it was $154.74 which is a total difference of $28.58 over 5 years. I too have invoices that tell me the prices we charged. In the first post, I was speaking of the years of USAC and local tracks going to the DT-3 rule because that seemed to be where you felt like it wasn't a "Deal" and it did not save you money. It does save money compared to the RD-12 that you also spoke of. I am not here to to tell you your opinion of the tire is wrong. I just wanted to state what the prices where so everyone would know the true facts. Sorry to have upset you!

Susannah Stapp
Hoosier Tire Midwest - Indy
317-858-1234

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM Ministries View Post
Hello Susannah,
Just out of curiosity ... what is the cost to manufacture a DT-3 Hoosier RR tire? (per tire)
Also, how much (per tire) goes in to a track point fund?

Thank you for any info!

Chris Simon
Chris, I am sorry but we are the Midwest Distributor for the tires and we are not the manufacturer, so I cannot(because we don't know) tell you the cost to manufacture the tire. I have to state that even if I did I would never release that information just the same as Whirlpool would not tell you what it costs to manufacture a washing machine. In a business sense that would not be smart.

Additionally, I cannot disclose what a track or sanction gets because that is a contract between Hoosier Tire and the Track or Sanction. I do not think if you called Goodyear and asked about their contract with Nascar that they would answer you either.

I am sorry to not be more helpful.

9/25/09, 1:24 PM   #22
babcock14d

I just wish we could go back to an open tire rule,I can't see in the bottom line where it saves much money in the big picture.

9/25/09, 7:47 PM   #23
RPM Ministries

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintLuvr View Post
As I stated, I can only speak for Hoosier Tire Midwest but if you walked in our door and purchased a tire in 2006 the Retail price was $163.93. That becomes a difference between now and then of $19.39. In 2005 it was $154.74 which is a total difference of $28.58 over 5 years. I too have invoices that tell me the prices we charged. In the first post, I was speaking of the years of USAC and local tracks going to the DT-3 rule because that seemed to be where you felt like it wasn't a "Deal" and it did not save you money. It does save money compared to the RD-12 that you also spoke of. I am not here to to tell you your opinion of the tire is wrong. I just wanted to state what the prices where so everyone would know the true facts. Sorry to have upset you!

Susannah Stapp
317-858-1234

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Chris, I am sorry but we are the Midwest Distributor for the tires and we are not the manufacturer, so I cannot(because we don't know) tell you the cost to manufacture the tire. I have to state that even if I did I would never release that information just the same as Whirlpool would not tell you what it costs to manufacture a washing machine. In a business sense that would not be smart.

Additionally, I cannot disclose what a track or sanction gets because that is a contract between Hoosier Tire and the Track or Sanction. I do not think if you called Goodyear and asked about their contract with Nascar that they would answer you either.

I am sorry to not be more helpful.
Thank you for the reply, Susannah. See you at Eldora!

9/25/09, 8:53 PM   #24
MikeJ1961

I normally keep my opinion to myself. Being a fan and part time crew member I figured this would be a good one to jump in on. I think that the practice of telling someone what tire they have to use is wrong in any situation. Open competition is good for everyone involved. With the judges ruling it seems that for now it will stay the way things are.

While I'm on my soapbox. There has been alot of talk on here about Purses being to low or way to top heavy.

There IMHO is an answer to both of these issues. All Drivers and Owners would have to unite and stand up to the sanctioning bodies and the tracks and say were not going to do this anymore. Now I know this would not be easy because racers love to race. How many weeks for the local track with no or a few cars showing up before things would change ? You guys are getting scr#wed every time you show up. There seems to be alot of money being made in local sprint car racing but the wrong people are making it. Just my thoughts

Mike

insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

9/26/09, 7:52 AM   #25
Tim

Also, regarding the Right Rear for the TNT Series, that tire was the 105.0/16.0-15 MED as designated by ASCS, so you cannot accurately compare the two tires or prices.

Susannah Stapp
317-858-1234[/QUOTE]

Susannah,

I just want to make sure I understand. TNT went with the 16" tire this year rather than the 18" (105/18.0-15 MED)? If so, that was a departure from previous years.

Thanks in advance for confirming this for me.

Tim Simmons

9/26/09, 8:01 AM   #26
SprintLuvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Also, regarding the Right Rear for the TNT Series, that tire was the 105.0/16.0-15 MED as designated by ASCS, so you cannot accurately compare the two tires or prices.

Susannah Stapp
317-858-1234
Susannah,

I just want to make sure I understand. TNT went with the 16" tire this year rather than the 18" (105/18.0-15 MED)? If so, that was a departure from previous years.

Thanks in advance for confirming this for me.

Tim Simmons[/QUOTE]

Tim, it was the 16 wide this yaer not the 18 wide of years past. ASCS made that change and I believe, but not 100 percent, it was because that is what most of their other series run so they wanted their other guys to not have to buy a different tire to run the TNT series.
Posted via Mobile Device

9/26/09, 8:04 AM   #27
Tim

Thanks, Susannah

Tim Simmons

9/26/09, 11:33 AM   #28
thebus79h

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmojo5 View Post
"Tire wars help everybody, promotes better racing, better prices, and a better tire for everybody to use."

Except the the sanctioning body which gets a percentage from each tire sold under its exclusive deal with a manufactuer. Some put this money in the points fund.

Knoxville had Goodyears, Hoosiers and American racers on sale at the track this summer.
This is true, but by the same token, if lets say Hoosier gives a grand into a points fund at a track, wouldn't it make sense for AR to do the same thing? So how does that not help even more? I know people in micros that don't go run other places because Hoosier is getting nuts and saying now you have to run a Hoosier on all four corners in some races. Why don't they tell everybody what shocks, cars, and engines to run as well why we're at it.

Get rid of the damn tire rule, and sell sponsorship like it used to be done, and quit making people run tires that don't help the racing at all.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > American Racer Press Release 2009