IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl reimagined
1/1/22, 6:41 PM   #21
Re: Chili Bowl reimagined
racenut69

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
race for six days behind closed doors,weed em out. Spectators on saturday only. Doors open at 5p. There, settled

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, Ken Bonnema, mc/rider, tirespinner
1/1/22, 6:51 PM   #22
BrentTFunk

I have not been to the Chili Bowl since 99. I always loved it. If I promoted it, I wouldn't change a thing. Waiting list for tickets, more cars than you really need. That said, if I ever went back, I would head home after Friday. See all the good racing on prelim nights, and avoid the huge Saturday crowd, and the super long day. Avoid sitting all those hours in the fumes. Hustle home try to catch the A on tv.

1/1/22, 8:16 PM   #23
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Attended from ‘93-‘03. Car count ranged from 120 to about 180 or so. It was perfect. One year they even ran time trials at noon then took a break for a few hours before starting the regular evening program. That gave us something to do earlier in the day then go to Hooters for a while then back to the races. It was awesome!

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, duel, Grocery Guy, tirespinner
1/1/22, 8:24 PM   #24
duel

I think they should run Saturday night off like they run the rest of the week. Fast. People lose interest that are watching on tv with a long telecast and little racing. That is all I would try to change. All those nights leading up to Saturday are sure exciting.

1/2/22, 2:09 AM   #25

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

saw an idea posted somewhere last year about adding a provisional for the driver advancing the farthest in the Saturday early races. maybe you take a couple drivers that make that three or four race run and put one on the back of each B or C main. These drivers create a lot of early entertainment, maybe give them a little reward.
Last edited by Points; 1/2/22 at 2:11 AM.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, cornerthree, jdull99
1/2/22, 4:03 AM   #26
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
Attended from ‘93-‘03. Car count ranged from 120 to about 180 or so. It was perfect. One year they even ran time trials at noon then took a break for a few hours before starting the regular evening program. That gave us something to do earlier in the day then go to Hooters for a while then back to the races. It was awesome!
"attended"...u can say that!
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/2/22, 4:45 AM   #27
hoscalecody

I wouldn't change a thing, but never got the chance to go there in person. I know some people don't like the "nobodies" or the people that have no chance, but that's the main reason I watch almost all the races, including most of Saturday. See how the "nobodies" do. I pay more attention to the M,K,L,J Mains more than I do the A Main.

I guess that may come from me being a dirt poor, low budget racer, that in all reality has no chance of ever racing the Chili Bowl even in older slower cars. Can't even attempt the shootout since they took our class away, although the chances of having money to even go there would be slim to none.
Last edited by hoscalecody; 1/2/22 at 4:49 AM.

1/2/22, 10:42 AM   #28
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I know one thing, If they want to grow this thing thru streaming, Getting done prior to midnight their time 1 on the east coast should be a priority. It was two am here east coast for that Winged outlaw checker.

1/2/22, 12:20 PM   #29
jonboat15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I know one thing, If they want to grow this thing thru streaming, Getting done prior to midnight their time 1 on the east coast should be a priority. It was two am here east coast for that Winged outlaw checker.
I went to bed at 1 am, figured it would be 2 am till they finished. I'll watch the winged outlaw feature today. Seemed like a lot of down time yesterday. I sure did appreciate watching some good racing throughout the week though.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
1/2/22, 12:46 PM   #30
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

No doubt everyone there works their tails off. But having two or three tillers. a pack vehicle could shorten things up and keep the track better longer. Thats a endurance event for staff, Crazy.

Also Fumes, you couldn't even see cars in two and on the back straight at times.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 1/2/22 at 12:48 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl reimagined