IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > FloSports and NASCAR joining forces.
12/7/21, 5:16 PM   #21
Re: FloSports and NASCAR joining forces.
chrismattlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
I started this NASCAR downer escapade and I still think it will play out for the worse. But I have to agree with you 100% here Chief. Watching the mods will be awesome. Everything else NASCAR might bring to the table on Flo can be tossed in the trash as far as I am concerned.

We'll be at New Smyrna for the season opener in February.
The New Smyrna races are a part of the NASCAR Roots package that will be on Flo. Why must you contradict yourself in such few words?

12/8/21, 10:19 PM   #22
Re: FloSports and NASCAR joining forces.
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
The New Smyrna races are a part of the NASCAR Roots package that will be on Flo. Why must you contradict yourself in such few words?
I was away for a few days, Chris. I am back now.

I guess I do appear contradictory here at times. I really do not care for NASCAR overall anymore. I do, however, enjoy the mods. I watch them via torrent sharing sites flag-to-flag each round. Now that they are on Flo, it makes it easier for me.

Everything else, though, is junk to me. All the trucks ever did was steal from ARCA and Winston West back in the mid-90s when they started up. Both series contained stout veteran drivers and teams at the time. They are now feeder series with young rich kids driving plastic cars with spec engines. All NASCAR crafted.

If you wish to consider New Smyrna NASCAR grass roots.. okay. I think of it as a week-long (or so) Winter vacation for us up North to watch. I haven't been there since 1986. The only reason I am going this year and taking a break from the dirt is the points paying mod opener.

The mods on Flo are my gain. The rest they bring is filler. If it does something for someone, good for them. I'll take an old movie over that crap. We'll see where Flo goes after a couple more years once the new virus within starts to spread.

2 members like this post: Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > FloSports and NASCAR joining forces.