IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Boespflug to the Hoffman 69
12/6/16, 9:23 AM   #21
Re: Boespflug to the Hoffman 69
deadhorse30

I don't think Bacon has ever won an All Star race.

12/6/16, 10:08 AM   #22
addictedtodirt

Congratulations to Chad and Brady. Both have climbed the ladder of racing success and continue to do so. Their futures are bright.
The bummer here is that two teams were folded into one. The car count just went down and the season hasn't even started.

12/6/16, 10:56 AM   #23
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

The big question is . . . . are they retiring the famous Hoffman Hauler? would hate to see Big Red sit back on the farm in Ohio

2 members like this post: Jonr, motorhead748
12/6/16, 10:57 AM   #24
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
Anyone know what Brady's plans are for the winged car? All-Star series, true outlaw schedule?

Supposed to announce Wednesday I believe.

12/6/16, 12:47 PM   #25
Rimrida35

You must be listening to the Jackslash Radio podcasts. That's what Sean keeps preaching, reward the teams for running the full schedule. Make USAC/ POWRi/ WoO/ All Stars whatever a premiere class.
Last edited by Rimrida35; 12/6/16 at 12:49 PM.

12/6/16, 5:14 PM   #26
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Today's USAC purse was decent back in 78. Just sayin.

BTW......Everybody loves Bacon!
What is the difference between a USAC, All Star, and Outlaw purse? I am not sure, but a couple of years ago they were closer than I thought.

12/6/16, 7:14 PM   #27
Sprintcarfanatic

I always wondered if he had a son if he would name him eggs'n. Ohhhhhhhhhhh forgive me lord.

12/6/16, 8:17 PM   #28
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Congrats to Chad. He's climbed to the very top of the sport, in the last couple of years. He'll be a part of a potent combination with this perennial title threat race team. HAR will be the odds on favorite next year to add yet another trophy to their collection.

The other part of the story has to be the shock waves that will be sent through the sport and USAC in particular, when the champion just walks away after his championship run, to pursue a better opportunity within the sport of sprint car racing. And that being national champion doesn't pay enough to stop him from doing so. Or so it seems.

Jerry
"when the champion just walks away after his championship run, to pursue a better opportunity within the sport of sprint car racing. And that being national champion doesn't pay enough to stop him from doing so."
That says it all. No bashing, just reality

4 members like this post: Jerry Shaw, PIT CART, progressive22, WinglessLovers
12/6/16, 8:22 PM   #29
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
It's $900 for 5th on the USAC tour. Just doesn't pay enough to be a full-time non-wing driver.
That's all? $900 for over 6 months driving & risking your life?
That's a real slap in the face...
Obviously these guys must love what they're doing, cause they're not doing it for the $$$

12/6/16, 9:00 PM   #30
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
What is the difference between a USAC, All Star, and Outlaw purse? I am not sure, but a couple of years ago they were closer than I thought.
Not sure of the total purses for each series.

Most WoO shows pay 10k to win and 5500 for 2nd, sometimes a little less and some races, such as the Kings Royal which I think usually pays 50k, are more. I would GUESS a total purse for a normal WoO show would be somewhere between 40-50k?

USAC is usually 5k to win except at their big shows like Oval Nats which I think this year was 25k or the Smackdown finale which has always been 10k.

ASCoC has 5k to win in each of their races in 2017. No clue beyond that.

Just my best guesses.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Boespflug to the Hoffman 69