IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New king of indiana tq midget sreies
12/28/11, 3:56 PM   #21
Re: New king of indiana tq midget sreies
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
DAD, make that 700cc, 4 valve motors, the NEWER one's! Bob!
Sorry Bob been a while since I looked at a TQ rule book. These motorcycle makers seem to add about 5 to 10 hp every year. There is a big difference between even a 2005 and a 2011 motor, they just keep making moopower moopower moopower. It is getting so bad now you can get them with standard traction control built in the box.

It would be nice to race the little 600cc cars ever once in a while.

I was just kinda of hopeing Terry might think a little about giveing these little 600cc cars a break.
Last edited by DAD; 12/28/11 at 4:00 PM.

12/28/11, 5:26 PM   #22
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Sorry Bob been a while since I looked at a TQ rule book. These motorcycle makers seem to add about 5 to 10 hp every year. There is a big difference between even a 2005 and a 2011 motor, they just keep making moopower moopower moopower. It is getting so bad now you can get them with standard traction control built in the box.

It would be nice to race the little 600cc cars ever once in a while.

I was just kinda of hopeing Terry might think a little about giveing these little 600cc cars a break.
I wish you would quit hijacking every tq post there is. It's very annoying. I won't run a tq race if theres other cars besides tqs.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: DAD, speidel21
12/28/11, 5:56 PM   #23
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Brad Kuhn Fan View Post
I wish you would quit hijacking every tq post there is. It's very annoying. I won't run a tq race if theres other cars besides tqs.

Posted via Mobile Device
HIJACKING ???? I like racing and TQ's and 600cc sprints are a lot alike.
We have run with TQ's at several of Terry's L'burg events in the past and always had a good time racing with them. We have also raced with them at Brownstown and Madison and always had a good time.

In racing one of the big things is car count. The little 600 cars have become antiques and are sitting all over Indiana. I don't know what you have raced in the past but you might just like driving one of these things. "They" are "real" race cars and the 600 cars are very close to TQ's in performance. The 1000cc cars are closer to midgets at a fraction of the cost. Don't knock em until you try em. They might be a step up for you at some time in your future. Ask a man that drove them. Ask Brad Kuhn.

1 member likes this post: Jrp4554
12/28/11, 10:02 PM   #24
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Go start a 600 series then. That simple...

Posted via Mobile Device

12/28/11, 10:56 PM   #25
smith19

i hear terry has a ringer in his fleet of tq's. craig eaglin.......

1 member likes this post: TQ29m
12/28/11, 11:33 PM   #26
Re: New king of indiana tq midget series
racerdog45

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodoleboy24 View Post
well first i would like to say that any teams are welcomed to come and race our series, we have nothing against the umra driver's we would love to have them at our shows. As for not working with the umra, we have heard that they dont have any races scheduled, they had a meeting in december and didnt have enough people show up to elect officers so the umra is up in the air right now, also the reason we aint working with the umra is we have offered them in the past to work with them at our annual funfest and other places and pay a big purse for the drivers and were told that they just wanted to stick to the races they have had over the years. so if they didnt want to work with us why should we work with them.
You should get up to date, UMRA just had a meeting and voted in a full board, nice try tho. As far as your funfest thing you demanded a 2 day deal and UMRA, teams and drivers wanted a 1 day deal, sorry but heats and stuff one day and race the next doesn't work that well and that is the ONLY reason they wouldn't do it AND several UMRA drivers asked to start at the tail second day but was a no go on your part. And the UMRA called the other club to work something out and was told it would be the other clubs rules, name, officials etc and that the Goffs were suspended for a year, which is funny since they have NEVER raced with them. Sorry but calling BS on this deal, you want a king of series then it's BOTH clubs otherwise it's just MTQRL lite.....

12/29/11, 1:19 AM   #27
DAD

These old TQ threads are so much more interesting than the one's on mini-sprints. It doesn't take anything to get the feathers flying all over the place. Looks to me like Terry is trying to do you all a favor by providing more and better paying races for you guy's to race at and not trying to step on too many toes. All most of you "true" racers want to do is cry about he is not playing by my rules. Sounds to me like a bunch of third graders out there on the play grounds and one kids says "If you aren't going to be playing by my rules I'll just take my ball and go home" then none of you can play. As long as you keep backbiteing and crying You are not going to help your selves. We used to call it in the old days "biteing the hand that feeds you". I would welcome Terry to promote some more minisprints and I don't give a tinkers da>n about who I race with, Im going to race to win and have a hell of a good time doing it. If you don't think you have the car or driving ability to run with a little old 600cc race car why don't you just come out and say it. I sure would not be affraid to come to one of Terry's next challenge race's and race what ever. We have always had a good time at them. Maybe the reason is some of you guy's just don't want to take the chance and think outside the box. and you just don't go to those races.

The best race that I saw this year was at Madison Indiana Terry put on a minisprint vs TQ race there and they raced their hearts out!! Too bad you guy's were not there. But come to think of it I'm glad you were not, I don't like racing with cry babys, take all the fun out of it.
Last edited by DAD; 12/29/11 at 1:53 AM.

12/29/11, 1:27 AM   #28
racephoto1

A little less venom from racerdog and others in the UMRA, and there wouldn't have been a need for MTQRL. The attitude I see here proves that to me, and I'm just a photographer.

You need to learn that you do the UMRA more harm then good when you come across as mean spirited as you do. It's sad too, because that attitude is what drives people apart instead of pulling them together.

5 members like this post: DAD, Jrp4554, Shawn, STP, tq11
12/29/11, 7:03 AM   #29
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

I'm just ready to race. Everyone has there problems for a reason. But until I have a problem. I'm running every series. To get the most laps I can get my rookie year. My only problem is I will not run with 600. Other than that. I'm running every race I can...

Posted via Mobile Device

12/29/11, 9:42 AM   #30
Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
A little less venom from racerdog and others in the UMRA, and there wouldn't have been a need for MTQRL. The attitude I see here proves that to me, and I'm just a photographer.

You need to learn that you do the UMRA more harm then good when you come across as mean spirited as you do. It's sad too, because that attitude is what drives people apart instead of pulling them together.
This is an absolutely perfect reply!

1 member likes this post: TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New king of indiana tq midget sreies