IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How far from home are you going to race?
3/16/12, 7:28 PM   #21
Re: How far from home are you going to race?
dirt330

Staying within 75 miles of Indy except for 3-crown at Eldora. If I go more than 75 miles I'll need someone to share travel expenses. Maybe we should look into renting one of those school buses even for trips to Bloomington, Terre Haute, Lawrenceburg etc. maybe from Indys southside. Any ideas we are all in this same boat with fuel cost ?
Last edited by dirt330; 3/16/12 at 8:42 PM.

3/16/12, 9:10 PM   #22
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
Heading east on the 2000 mile trex to indiana april 1st , will be spending the summer there .
Have a safe trip. We'll see you around the local tracks this summer.

3/17/12, 9:48 AM   #23
MarkHarden

We will be running LPS and Paragon, it will take us between 20 and 45 minutes to get to the track!!!!

3/17/12, 10:25 AM   #24
thebus79h

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
I know this is political but.....

If our governments were tighter on their purse strings, they wouldn't tax gas (petrol) to death. Most of te cost is in the taxes, not the product.
This is kinda true. I've learned a lot about the way all this works. The troll at the gate that is the problem isn't the government. The government pretty much has a flat tax on it, but when the cost goes up, so does the taxes, that's just how it is.

The money is made from the refinery to the distributor, they are the ones that is making all the money. I quoted a trucking compay 6,000 gallons for their tank at the truck yard a few months back, I wasn't making any money at all virtually, but the actual "cost" of fuel I know for a fact was about half what we had to charge.

There are so few actual fuel distributors (for a reason, so the market doesn't get flooded and the price goes down), and all the fuel distributors (the big ones) are all owned by the oil companies, then sell to the smaller people, to where they have to sell so much to even make a buck. If they didn't tax anything at all, the price would maybe go down 75 cents.

3/19/12, 12:00 PM   #25
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

the beauty of living in central Indiana (Speedway to be exact) is that we have our choice of great race tracks within an hours drive in any direction, 1 big one right behind the house...bob.

3/20/12, 9:20 PM   #26
tim kelley

When I race its 78 miles to Lawremceburg. Little over 200 miles to Waynesfield, About 160 to Paragon, and about 190 to Putnamville. Not bad!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How far from home are you going to race?