IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Stewart open wheel racing
9/28/09, 9:48 PM   #21
Re: Stewart open wheel racing
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_rc_racing View Post
your right i did!! it just pisses me off that the little guy can't compete anymore, you know what i mean? i would rather watch a field of 20 low buck guys racing each other side side, over brad sweet putting a half a lap on everybody @ eldora.
Man, I wish we could go back to the days when all we b*tched about was USAC's horrible organization and horrible officiating. A

9/28/09, 9:53 PM   #22
usacgirl

In the mid 1990’s a new competitive midget motor was around $12K-$14K and complete roller was around the same. Car counts at Winchester, IRP and Salem were typically between 25-30 cars. THAT was more around 70-90 depending on the event. There were always top owners back then…Potter’s, Lewis, Calderwood..ect and will always continue to be as in any motorsports venue.
I feel it is up to USAC and ALL Midget owners to sit at the round table in a locked room and devise a business model to bring the midget series back to its prominence it once had.
As for TSR, only Stewart knows why he pulled the plug and really doesn’t care what anyone thinks. However, I do feel his midget series failure was much more than the engine, but the mechanics who worked on them.

1 member likes this post: dberrio
9/28/09, 9:55 PM   #23
Sprinter56

I hope i'm wrong but heard from a reliable source no usac at tsr next year hopefully they work something out before then.

9/28/09, 10:17 PM   #24
terrehautian

I wouldn't say no one can compete with TSR and KKR, Look at the last USAC race at THAT. Chase S. gave LEvi a run for his money. Chase came in a 10-15k trailer and pick up truck. If he had a little more motor and gas, he probably could have won it.

1 member likes this post: jerrythar500
9/28/09, 10:59 PM   #25
ByronMack

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
I wouldn't say no one can compete with TSR and KKR, Look at the last USAC race at THAT. Chase S. gave LEvi a run for his money. Chase came in a 10-15k trailer and pick up truck. If he had a little more motor and gas, he probably could have won it.
Bloomington last Friday night, only one made the faeture. There are teams that can compete with big money teams like TSR. Goes to show trailors and high dollar equipment doesn't ***** driving talent.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: jerrythar500
9/29/09, 1:13 PM   #26
RJ21

Their has allways been haves and have nots in racing if it wern"t for big spending teams.buying the new motors, cars , and other parts , the smaller teams would not have supply of lower priced used parts to build their teams,and we all love when a low doller team hits the setup and kicks everyones butt Thats racing boys !!!

3 members like this post: Haulerin2deep, mowerman, Sprintwatcher
9/29/09, 5:31 PM   #27
old timer

These teams do it for aliving and won't spend much of ther own money unlike most of us. Heck I like to watch them but knew they would only stay for a short time. I think for the massive amount of sponsor dollars put in to them the results should have been better. But who's to know hope they all get to come back next year.

9/29/09, 6:45 PM   #28
Danny Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ21 View Post
Their has allways been haves and have nots in racing if it wern"t for big spending teams.buying the new motors, cars , and other parts , the smaller teams would not have supply of lower priced used parts to build their teams,and we all love when a low doller team hits the setup and kicks everyones butt Thats racing boys !!!
I hope the Niflis family reads this one. It reminded me of the Sheldon Kinser Memorial again.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
Last edited by Danny Burton; 9/29/09 at 8:57 PM. Reason: Editing Jerry's edit....lol...

1 member likes this post: mowerman
9/29/09, 7:04 PM   #29
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burton View Post
I hope the Niflis family reads this one. It reminded me of the Sheldon Kinser Memorial again.
Or a few years ago, when Kevin Briscoe was a real monster. Or a year or two before that, when Dickie Gaines came within two points of winning Sprint Week. Or when Kent Christian won the KISS race at Paragon. When that kind of thing happens, it's the kind of thing people remember and talk about for a long time.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

1 member likes this post: mowerman
9/29/09, 7:53 PM   #30
maradamx3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevracer58 View Post
The question is who gets tossed under the bus this year? Jay Drake was last year's sacrifice

IIRC The Chevy midget engine was underpowered and unreliable, and it's use cost Tracy last year's title. They all were blown up and no more were forthcoming from GM.
Well, TSR had a reliable and competitive engine program with Hawk. For reasons I don't know, but heard rumors on, Chevy was brought in to "improve" the Hawk.

But, as was stated, the TSR program, if indeed is folding the USAC portion, is not just because of some potential engine woes. Of more importance is set up and driver influence.

Tommy

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Stewart open wheel racing