IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Speedway
5/11/19, 2:46 PM   #21
Therealether

Has anyone ever thought that maybe the track isn't why you didn't enjoy it? Guys, the cars aren't the same as they were 30 years ago. There's so much more put into setup. It could just be that the cars aren't conducive to what you may think is "good " racing at Eldora these days.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, erich45, Honest-Sam, Kydehart, okie, tirespinner
5/11/19, 3:23 PM   #22
dsc1600

When the track slows down and there’s grooves everywhere people ***** that it’s not the “old Eldora”. Then when it’s fast, people complain about the lack of passing.

5/11/19, 4:46 PM   #23
Re: Eldora Speedway
Scott Daloisio

There are just some people who you could send a limo to pick them up and drive them to the track for free. You could stop to feed them on the way there, let them into the race free, give them a free t-shirt and feed them again while there. Then after the race, you have the limo drive them home and on the way, stop to feed them and get them laid as well. And, do you know what? Some of them would still complain!
Last edited by Scott Daloisio; 5/11/19 at 4:48 PM.

5/11/19, 5:04 PM   #24
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Daloisio View Post
There are just some people who you could send a limo to pick them up and drive them to the track for free. You could stop to feed them on the way there, let them into the race free, give them a free t-shirt and feed them again while there. Then after the race, you have the limo drive them home and on the way, stop to feed them and get them laid as well. And, do you know what? Some of them would still complain!
Maybe you can test that theory on me ,oh lets say 5 or 6 races P.S I was their last night and seen some great racing
Last edited by mc/rider; 5/11/19 at 5:06 PM.

5/11/19, 5:16 PM   #25
Scott Daloisio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
maybe you can test that theory on me ,oh lets say 5 or 6 races P.s i was their last night and seen some great racing

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/11/19, 6:17 PM   #26
Non wing lover

Was even at Eldora Mr dalosio?

5/11/19, 6:26 PM   #27
Scott Daloisio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non wing lover View Post
Was even at Eldora Mr dalosio?
. Nope, watched on Flo.

5/11/19, 7:33 PM   #28
Koko06

Flo or any other racing source nothing against them but they don't do the track justice.you have to be there in person to understand.

3 members like this post: motorhead748, PIT CART, tirespinner
5/11/19, 8:32 PM   #29
openwheelfan1

I lived in Dayton, OH area in the late 70’s and never missed a sprint race at a Eldora during my time there. I went to WoO shows and USAC shows, and open competition shows. I know this will be greeted with derision, but not every race there was a great race. There was many a race we went to that was so dusty you couldn’t hardly see the cars on the backstretch. There were races where there was very little passing because the track was 1 groove. Yes, I was fortunate to witness some incredible racing there, but I also witnessed some dust bowls and snoozers. No dirt track is perfect, but unfortunately, over time many of us remember them as such.

5/11/19, 8:59 PM   #30
Scott Daloisio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko06 View Post
Flo or any other racing source nothing against them but they don't do the track justice.you have to be there in person to understand.
My comment had nothing to do with the racing, the surface, the facility, what I watched etc. It is a reflection on what happens. You can have the greatest race, with the best drivers, at the best track, with the best food and cheapest ticket prices in the country and someone is still not going to be happy.
Last edited by Scott Daloisio; 5/11/19 at 9:06 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Speedway