IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Old picture thread.
12/30/08, 9:36 AM   #21
Re: Old picture thread.
Brewer 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch47265 View Post
This is BOB KINSER
With Steve standing by the car I believe.

12/30/08, 11:21 AM   #22
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

I heard a rumor several years ago that Mr. Ford has possession of "Bertha."

Any truth to that and if so, any chance of bringing her out on display some night?
Like maybe the KISS show this year. Some of us would like to see her again.

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!

12/30/08, 1:37 PM   #23
nonwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer 14 View Post
I don't mind posting some of the pics I have but was hoping some of you guys might post some of your old pics as well.

J.L. Brewer
I promise, one day I'll find the energy to post some old photos. Right now I'm trying to overcome some bed ridden chemo side affects.

In the mean while, please keep posting. I really enjoy seeing these old shots and results.

George Wilkins Jr.

12/30/08, 7:43 PM   #24
TWALTZ18W

I don't know if anybody remembers JIM WALTZ, But I was always told that he was one of the great ones,like BIG BOB, BUTCH.!!!!!!!!!!

12/30/08, 7:48 PM   #25
HurstBros0

This is what Big Bob`s ride looked like before Jerry Brewer and Dave Hurst transmorgrified it into a Super Modified .

Dan Hurst
Last edited by HurstBros0; 10/18/09 at 1:11 AM.

12/30/08, 7:55 PM   #26
TQ29m

Now Dan, we all, well maybe not all know, that is the Pat Clancy Special. What most folks don't know is, you and Jerry, found it in a junk yard, and removed BOTH Qc rear ends, and put them in your cars! AJ Watson built a copy, about 5-6 years ago, but he only drove one set of rear wheels. Bob

12/30/08, 8:20 PM   #27
HurstBros0

Bob,

Just going off of Dad`s memories . Sometimes the facts will differ from one telling to the next. I usually take the facts that are constant from each time I`ve heard the story and pass those on . Dad claims if you could see the rear of the Super you would see the extra traverse tubes for the rear set of torsion bars.

Dan Hurst

12/30/08, 8:37 PM   #28
TQ29m

The only reason I remember it, was about Jerry's last trip to Dayton's auction, you guys were laughing about the fact you'd found an old race car, with 2 QC rears,so you guys divided it up. It hadn't been too long since I'd been to AJ's, and looked over his copy, he just thought that since there had only been one, and it had vanished, he thought the world should see what it looked like. He spent a lot of time at the museum, looking at pictures, and measuring them, trying to get a scale, for the copy. I have a couple of pictures of it. He has sold it, last I heard, but I don't know to whom. And, it may well have been driven as a modified, as I remember it, one of you guys said you'd found it in a junk yard at Mitchell, I believe. Bob
Last edited by TQ29m; 12/30/08 at 8:39 PM. Reason: add on

12/30/08, 8:46 PM   #29
aceace

Dick Gaines driving under Danny Milburn

12/30/08, 8:56 PM   #30
TQ29m

Dan do you also remember the "roadster", that Orville Yeadon ran, "briefly"? That was a former Indy car, built here locally, and sponsored by one of the local Banks here in Seymour. Chuck Buzak was the builder, if memory don't let me down, he used up some of the "small" chevy stuff, that Mickey Thompson had, in fact, a friend of mine and I, had a lot of those parts at one time. The Chevy blocks were about 7/8's scale. Chuck ran a gas station out here on 50, just before you get to the I, the station is still there, I think it's a BiRite now. He stored all the stuff that Yeadon didn't get, at an old garage in Reddington, and someone broke in and stole it, several years ago. Actually wasn't a roadster, it was a rear engine Chevy, sorry about that. Bob

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Old picture thread.